What brands?

I think that will be nice to have something that make correspond brand names and what I will call “close-enough-name-that-make-think-of-the-brand”.
Let it be clear, some things are obvious : terms like “basswomen” is for “bassman”, but as a noob in this domain, others are more difficult.
When you want to do a pedalboard in the goal to sound like a pedalboard with branded pedals, that’s a mess.

So I suggest something like :

• a google doc (or whatever else) that make correspond brands pedal/amp and emulate pedal/amp
  • if the devs are ok, find a way to show it in the UI, like a tag with the official brand

(Sorry for eventual mistakes, english is not my mother tongue)

Some of the developers (myself included) are a bit nervous about using trademarked brand names. However this is a bit annoying when you can’t figure out what they’re trying to reference. Really we should just use our ears and use what sounds good to us, but on the other hand its nice to be able to speak in terms that most guitarists would know (like “marshal tone”).

The CAPS VTS amp and cab are IMO the most guilty of hard to figure out names. I made a “quiz” trying to figure out what they all were here: Guitar Tone Quiz Time
I got several responses and I think a lot of them are explained.

Some of the developers (myself included) are a bit nervous about using trademarked brand names

Yeah that’s why something unoffical like a google doc would be cool.

I started a doc with the help of the thread that you linked :

That would be cool to finish it, having a full guide for peoples who only knows official brand names.
Some pedals in the store mention the brands, I will complete it with these informations.

6 Likes