Welcome DoGood Sound - we are launching a series of premium reverbs!

correct, only cleans up local files.
the actual license registration status is stored on cloud servers.

2 Likes

OK, I’ve done it … but…
If I select ALL the “DoGood Plate 140” show Purchase but when I press “Update all” popup that licence is not downloaded.
If I select INSTALLED ONLY the popup disapear, the plugin show Purchased but the plugin is in trial mode

1 Like

We are continuing with some awesome reverb sounds captured from gear.

Available now (24,90 €)

(@Rino2 just confirmed your issue was resolved already, sorry for inconvenience!)

6 Likes

I’m a huge fan of reverbs and this series is offering some very nice sounding reverbs. Currently I’m enjoying the plate reverbs, but the entrire series is excellent.

7 Likes

We move back in time with another selection of gear reverbs for you.

Available now (19,90 €)

7 Likes

We are continuing with a collection that takes you straight to the tastiest reverb locations in Korea.

Available now (19,90 €)

11 Likes

We move over to Israel, providing you with the reverb of several sacred historic locations.

Church of St. Saviour, Jerusalem:

Crusaders Dining Hall, Ein Karem:

Church of the Transfiguration, Mount Tabor:

…and quite some more! All IRs carefully captured in various spots by our partners from DoGood Sound.

Available now (24,90 €)

8 Likes

I’m enjoying the Korea, curious about this :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Awesome!

I saw that you guys captured the sansui RA-500.
I have a sansui RA-900 that I would like very much to capture.
Could you guys point me to instructions on how to do it properly?

4 Likes

Run an impulse through it → record → profit.

4 Likes
4 Likes

You get best results by using exponential sine sweeps instead of impulses in the physical world. Otherwise the IR of what you want to capture gets blended with the non-ideal IR of other equipment in the chain, like audio interface and amps, speakers, mics in case of real spaces.

Any recorded sweep response can be transformed to an impulse response in a non-realtime de-convolution with the respective sweep. The Max “IR Measurement Device” is pretty handy for recording and de-convolution and there are quite some comprehensive explanations out there:

DoGood Sound uses this in most of the cases. I did as well for the IRs I made for the MOD Convolution Reverb, using 30s sweeps. Longer sweeps give better accuracy while inevitably also amplifying noise. Therefore a low-noise setup is key.

However sometimes it’s not about perfect replication but about creative experiments. Using impulses or even hand claps in real spaces can lead to interesting results as well.

9 Likes

Hi,
I really like what youre doing with the ir’s.
Something Id really like to find in terms of cab sims is/are some of broken or failing speakers…any chance of that?
Or possibly out of the ordinary speakers…(old tape recorder/tannoy/ etc ):slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I think you can find such IRs online and use the MOD Convolution Loader

2 Likes

Thanks, Gianfranco, I’ll have another look (not had luck yet)…no worries, though, plenty of other aspects to explore/make the most of .
Keep up the great work ! :wink:

4 Likes

one thing that came to my mind after giving it a second thought, regarding the broken or failing speakers.

IRs work for linear responses. A broken speaker would not have a linear response (crackles and such) and thus, it would not be possible to use an IR to mimic it.

But I might be wrong :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hello @Steve1

Here you can find some not so common guitar and bass cabs IRs.
https://www.drbonkerssoundlab.com/

Don’t know about the quality though!

2 Likes

This week we are continuing in Paris, with a beautiful collection of locations.

Church of St-Julien-le-Pauvre, Paris:

Church of St-Séverin, Paris:

Elysée Montmartre, Paris:

Council Chamber of Hôtel de Ville, Paris:

… and even more locations are included in the plugin! All IRs carefully captured in various spots by our partners from DoGood Sound.

Available now (19,90 €)

9 Likes

We have some more unusual reverbs for you from less pretty sites:

Can you spot the microphones in this warehouse under construction? The DoGood Sound team took great care again to find awesome sounds even in the most unexpected locations.

Available now (14,90 €)

5 Likes

Now let’s get experimental!

Available now (19,90 €)

7 Likes