Web Gui acting strange - can't delete effects, etc

Today my MOD Duo X is acting up. I have in the past sometimes had issues with the webgui connecting. I use a USB cable direct to the unit. But it’s very infrequent, and rebooting the device usually fixes it.

Today I had so many various issues. Some pedalboards fail to load, and just bring up an empty pedalboard. Then I was editing a pedal board, removing some effects and kept getting messages that it could not remove the effect - I’m not even sure what would cause that other than perhaps a connection issues?

Can anyone confirm what would cause the webgui to disallow deleting effects? I thought perhaps because they were using controls, or CV, so tried to remove those, but it wouldn’t let me do that either.

???

I turned it off and let it sit overnight to think about how it had been treating me, and then today used a different USB port on my mac mini. This seems (so far) to have corrected the issues.

I do wonder though, what could possibly cause the “cant delete effect” error, so that in the future I can troubleshoot that type of tantrum.

2 Likes

Certainly a bad connection.
It sounds like the issue was likely on your Mac USB port.
If you are like me you rarely turn off or reboot your Mac. I sometimes face issues with the USB ports acting weirdly. I’m not sure, but I believe is due to some sort of short circuit on the port and then it triggers some sort of security system. That just goes a way when I reboot the computer. In some particular and rare cases, I needed to shut it completely down and leave it alone for a few minutes.

This happened with me while using MOD devices, but also other gear and even MIDI controllers.

Hi Jon - thanks for the info. I’ve been troubleshooting this, but need more information on what I should be seeing with network settings.

First off, I’m using an older Mac OS 10.14.6 - because I have a variety of software I will lose if I update - the usual Apple BS. This computer is for audio work only, nothing else. So it’s not bloated with drivers or other software other than say Logic, and a few others. I don’t update this machine, if anything over the years, I’ve uninstalled stuff to keep it lean.

I keep getting connection issues. When it happens, I’m often slightly panicked that I can’t save my pedalboard via the GUI. I’m not sure if saving manually works, I seem to recall it did not used to. Possibly this is the safest thing for me to do in these situations.

When I get disconnected, rebooting my mac does not fix the issue, the only solution is to reboot the Mod Duo X, which in most cases loses the work I had been doing.

I noticed that my network settings on my mac show that the mod is connected via DHCP, and it gets an IP of 192.168.51.50 - but when I successfully browse to the unit via Chrome, the IP shows 192.168.51.1

Does that make sense?

One time when I was disconnected, I tried DHCP and manually entered the IP 192.168.51.1 and this did not fix the issue.

Just looking for more info on what things ‘should’ look like, and possibly why only rebooting the mod is the only recourse for correcting this network issue.

Probably it means that the MOD unit is the network device and is giving your mac the *.51.50 ip address.

That’s indeed weird and something that I’ve never experienced.

Saving the pedalboards on the device should work fine.

Have you in general discovered anything more on this issue? Or faced it again?

I’m monitoring this. But it comes and goes for days at a time.
Currently, nothing weird all week. I will see how the weekend goes.

1 Like