VeJa - Red Apple

I’ve tried to make an update but the problem remains. I recorded a sample:

1 Like

Can you really run this pedalboard?
My Dwarf runs with 100% CPU load.
So it is overloaded and I assume that this is also the case with your device.

1 Like

I use DuoX so there is still more than 50% of free cpu.

1 Like

Ok. That’s the advantage of the DuoX. With the dwarf you really have to be carfefull with the CPU load when using some plugings like the DooGooSound Reverbs or the Red Apple. Adding just some more effects can quickly bring the CPU load to the limit.

2 Likes

That’s why I love my DuoX, it lets to get crazy with plugins :slight_smile:

1 Like

I maight have a problem wth loading a licence of Red Apple, thats why there is no change with redapple.

1 Like

those convolvers are really cpu intensive, having 3 of them is dangerous and can lock up the dwarf while all the background processing compete for resources.
try to use a single instance of such reverbs

2 Likes

Thanks for warning, i’m aware of it. The board was the example board for the distortion issue with the red apple plugin.
The CPU load on the dwarf might become a problem in the future with online pedalboards. If DuoX users relase pedalboards and a dwarf user loads these pedalboards it can happen that the Dwarf is locked.
Adding a flag that shows the hardware where the board was designed on would be a first security step to avoid such problems.

4 Likes

Next time I will make more CPU friendly pedalboard, so Dwarfers will also be able to check it out.

2 Likes

At what signal level are you hitting the amp? it should be around 0dB.
I believe whats happening here is that the tinygain and SD1 before are reducing the gain so much the base noise becomes audible.

2 Likes

I will check it this evening and let you know.

1 Like

Hey @brummer, I think I remember that you did a bit of work toward a Fender Tweed 5e3… :wink:

Yes

look how ugly it is. :laughing:

8 Likes

However, regarding modularity I’m working currently more toward something like this:

13 Likes

And I remember we also talked about a Plexi

2 Likes

I like the look! I also like the sound :slight_smile: Between the Red Apple, the 5e3, the Onyx, and the VintageAC30, I’ve got everything I need.

5 Likes

It can look as ugly as I do (and that means SERIOUSLY ugly), as long as it sounds like a Tweed!!!

2 Likes

Finally I found time to make some tests. Yes, it seems the issue was to low input volume - I ve used Fishmans Tosin Abasi sgnature and they are really hot so I had to make them quiter, but I should do it using gain plugin not guitar Vol (SD1 has been off :wink:

3 Likes

any CPU optimization possible here too??

I can have another look, but the optimizations of the Mutant were actually done on an algorithm the Onyx and Mutant share, so it doesn’t directly apply here.

1 Like