V1.5.0 Pre-Release Testing

…but not switches on the footswitch extension, it seems.

MOD 1.5.0.423
footswitch 0.0.6

Correct, the control chain footswitch does not have tap-tempo mode implemented yet.
(it’s a per-device function)

ok, thanks… good to know!

build 425 is here:

• fix hardware midi ports not removed when devices are disconnected
  • fix loading of global pedalboard addressings (presets, bpm, etc) in the browser side

both are regressions in 1.4 series. the next 1.4 RC / final release will have them too.

425 is looking good over here, running a couple of pedalboards with the control chain footswitch and an external MIDI controller included! :yum:

There is actually something (probably simple), that I would like to have an option on for the “settings” page: Double clicking a pedal: Zoom in (current behaviour) or open the plugin’s details. Does that make sense? … or am I the only one using double clicks in a web context?

it’s a single click to zoom-in a pedal/plugin, not double click.
I think the only double-click used on the web interface is for zooming out the canvas (double-clicking an empty area)

Build 440 is here:

• Fix controller unaddressings (regression in v1.4)
  • Fix some pedalboard transport data not loaded correctly
  • Fix transport controls not unaddressed in browser side on reset
  • Fix position of transport controls under dev mode
  • Fix missing hardware ports if reconnected too quickly
  • Several fixes for Control Chain
  • Show CPU usage at 100% when xrun happens
  • Update boot1 code to work with LiveSuit deploys, see http://wiki.moddevices.com/wiki/Troubleshooting_Reinstall_via_LiveSuit

This build has all the fixes that are coming to 1.4-RC6, to be released tomorrow.

1 Like

Build 449 is here:

• Implement transport-rolling and link-enabled at startup options
  • Don’t load bpm addressing if link is enabled

Control Chain stuff was broken in the last build, we forgot a few things…
But it should be working perfectly now.
An update of the footswitch firmware is coming too, to complement the changes.

1 Like

Build 456 is here.
This has all the fixes regarding control chain that are going to the upcoming v1.4.1 stable release.
Plus system tweaks to make the system boot a bit faster.

2 Likes

Build 461 is here.
Includes the DIN-MIDI fix that will be part of v1.4.1.

3 Likes

Build 477 is here.

• serd library updated to 0.28.0
  • show notification when a MIDI CC is mapped (ie, learned)

Imported fixes from v1.4.2:

• fix noise when stopping share dialog sample playback
  • fix removing plugins with custom category
  • remove ongoing connection cable when clicking a plugin action button
  • workaround Duo’s network going down under specific conditions with macOS systems

The tuner isn’t working currently on mine, all I ever see is the default “?”. I’ve tried switching the instrument cable from Input 1 to 2 and have rebooted a few times with different pedalboards as the default. When I access the tuner screen, the input light registers when I strike guitar strings but the display never updates from the “?” regardless of which input I’ve selected.

@unbracketed Good catch. Next build will have it working again.

Build 481 is here.

• added ‘Device Updates’ tab to settings (allows to update control chain devices without having to connect on the control chain port first)
  • fixed control outputs (and in turn the tuner as well) that stopped working in the previous build

we changed to way the system and user data partitions are mounted.
‘sync’ and ‘commit=1’ options were removed from user data mount options.
instead, it now uses ‘nodelalloc’. mod-ui code was tweaked to make it flush/fsync after writing a file to disk, before returning a “finished” reply to the browser.
the system partition now also has ‘nodelalloc’, as some of you/us mount the system partition as RW sometimes…

I did quite a few tests with these mount options, I’m confident it makes the system a little more robust.
But in case something goes wrong, this wiki page will be of help http://wiki.moddevices.com/wiki/Troubleshooting_Reinstall
(having ‘nodelalloc’ and mod-ui calling flush+fsync should ensure files are really written to disk. Also, when possible, we save to a temporary file first, flush to disk, and then rename the file.)

2 Likes

Oh, I completely forgot, but 3 new plugins were added to stable for those running v1.5.
“Metronome”, “MIDI TImecode” and “MIDI Clock”.

Metronome is obvious, this new plugin has the sound synced with the MOD transport state (contrary to CAPS metronome).
MIDI Timecode and MIDI Clock will generate a MIDI signal based on the transport state, so you can drive external gear with the MOD Duo.
The other way around is not supported yet (ie, MOD as slave / MTC or MIDI Clock for managing MOD transport)

4 Likes

Build 490 is here.
Brings the fixes from v1.4.3, specifically:

• fix boot under very specific conditions (very rare, only happens with certain coreboards)
  • fix possible controller lockup when loading next pedalboard (and it containing presets)
  • fix web interface not starting if last loaded pedalboard was manually deleted
  • don’t reload preset addressing if triggered by itself

A few notes from recent testing:

I was having trouble finding the new MIDI plugins in the store - a refresh and an Update All got them showing up. After installing MIDI Timecode and MIDI Clock, I went to add them to the pedalboard but was also having trouble finding them there in their respective categories and ended up plucking them from “All” instead. Sorry this isn’t steps to replicate - I’ll pay closer attention next time to my individual steps and the state of the UI.

I added the MIDI Clock to a pedalboard and am successfully using to drive the arpeggiator tempo on an Akai MPK Mini - fantastic!

Oh one other minor annoyance, the BPM popup window only seems to close when you click on the menu again - a close button and/or non-focused click to close would be handy

Keep up the great work!

1 Like

build 498 is here!
first, 2 small things in the web interface:

• Don’t allow to click install/update-all until store finishes loading
  • Prevent user to save twice, or save & cancel

The way JACK starts has changed. Instead of having different services for the internal clients (mod-host, peakmeter, ttymidi), the clients are loaded at the moment that jackd starts.
This reduces the number of systemd services during boot, and also makes it easier to debug JACK stuff.
ie, just stop jack2 service and run mod-jackd to get the entire setup running.

And finally, a new feature was silently added. MOD-SDK can now run inside the MOD!
(MOD-SDK is not the best name for the tool… but it’s something for creating modguis using a wizard, previewing them, and deploying to a MOD. When running inside the MOD Duo, the deploy section is hidden, for obvious reasons ;))
This is quite handy if you want to quickly modify an existing modgui style, or create a new one. No more excuses for having tuna-cans on the pedalboard assembler screen!
If you mess up, just remove and install the plugin again.
Some small notes:

• your changes are lost during plugin updates.
  • you can’t modify bundles that have more than 1 plugin inside
  • if you have the SDK page open and you install a plugin via store, refresh the SDK page to show the new plugin(s)
  • there’s some caching issues to be resolved, a future update will improve this
  • some of the text on the SDK page needs to be updated, I will go through it soon

MOD-SDK comes disabled by default.
Open the settings page, advanced section and enable mod-sdk service.
Then you can open http://modduo.local/sdk which redirects to the correct page.

For the curious ones, here’s how the wizard looks like:

4 Likes

Hi @falkTX,

I just tried to download and the progress bar starts to show the download. At 100% I got “Download failed!”. I tried again - same error. I also booted up the Duo: won’t help.

Currently I have 1.5.0.490 running and I am using Firefox/Linux. I also tried Chrome on Linux and Firefox/Chrome on Windows with the same results.

Regards, Holger