V1.3.0 Pre-Release Testing

Hi @falkTX,

I just tested a little bit (used browser: Chrome (Linux) Version 56.0.2924.76 (64-bit)) and tried to use a joystick as a MIDI controller. Do I have to add the joystick like a normal external MIDI controller? After connecting the joystick and trying to add I get the error that no MIDI device ist available.

I tried also to use the presets. I can store presets with the same name. They are recalled with different values, so everything is ok. But perhaps it will be better to allow only different names for different presets?

Storing pedalboards: I have no pedalboard stored, no banks created. Fresh boot. Create a simple pedalboard. “Save” it. When switching to my “Pedalboards Library” I first see the default board doubled and when going back and again into the library I see also my fresh created one doubled:

Removing my created pedalboard removes only this board from the library view and after switching back and again into the library the default pedalboard is shown (not doubled). When I repeat the whole process and delete one of the doubled pedalboards and click on the left one and endless “Loading pedalboards…” starts (only (browser) reload helps).

Sharing a pedalboard seems not to record sound… I can’t here my recorded and published track - not before uploading and also not on the web page. Perhaps my PC?

Ok, stopping here. The rest of my tests with guitar and keyboard are working. Will try the next days other things.

Regards, Holger

The playback of that recording comes out of the browser, not the mod.

Update worked flawlessly and runs without complains here. Thanks! How can I test the joystick implementation? I connected my Xbox360 controller… and now what? Clicking on “MIDI ports” just says that no devices were found.

ssh into the system, check the dmesg log and see if /dev/input/js0 input file exists.

While dmesg gives one line at plugging in …

[ 88.096799] usb 3-1: new full-speed USB device number 3 using sw-ohci

the directory “/etc/input/” does not even exist, let alone the file “js0”

That was my fault, forgot a simple “return” in some code I added :frowning:
Fixed in the latest build: http://download.moddevices.com/releases/testing/modduo-v1.3.0.285.tar

Regarding missing MIDI devices for joysticks, I might know what’s going on.
Forgot to update the systemd rule to start the midi service for those.. :smiley:
Fix coming in another update soon.

If a complete log or a list of services would help, let me know. :wink:

I know… but my recording from Saturday with 1.3.0.284 had not recored anything: Walking on the moon - MOD Audio
… silence… :confused:

… also 1.3.0.285 on two different notebooks…

I’ll have a look to see if I can reproduce, thanks for the report.

Just installed. I can confirm: it’s fixed.

If you update the plugins, you’ll now see the MIDI ones under “MIDI Utilities” category.

@eggsperde I fixed the generic joystick MIDI stuff (coming in next build), but since you don’t get /dev/input/js0 I’m afraid it won’t work for your case.
Does the controller expose a joystick interface under linux? Maybe the linux 3.4 kernel didn’t had support for it :frowning:

I did not find anything specific about Kernel 3.4 but the controller is supported basically since its presentation in 2005 https://www.kernel.org/doc/Documentation/input/xpad.txt. In Opensuse and Debian there is a userland driver available, the package name is xboxdrv.

If that controller worked, how would one be able to use it? … or any other controller for that matter? MIDI learn?

The xpad module is already enabled, it was used for the guitar hero controller we had around a few months ago.
Maybe it needs manual “modprobe xpad”? (doubt it though)

If it works, then it will appear as a normal MIDI device, just like a midi keyboard with knobs.
Buttons trigger MIDI notes, while axis trigger MIDI CC.

New build is here!
http://download.moddevices.com/releases/testing/modduo-v1.3.0.287.tar

added to the changelog:

  • fix pedalboard names saved with html-encoded names

changes related to this release:

  • fix midi CC unaddressing ignored by host
  • fix missing pedalboard name in titlebar when using save instead of save-as
  • fix recorded audio for share being silent
  • implemented rename of pedalboard presets
  • show popup when changing preset

Got a bit of time to mess around with the Mod today.

Should the update from the MOD web interface be working for this version?

No, we’re still handling the auto-update system for group 1 users.
Currently there’s an issue with CORS.

Latest build is now http://download.moddevices.com/releases/testing/modduo-v1.3.0.289.tar

  • fix MIDI hardware tooltips, for names containing spaces
  • fix loading bank with manually deleted pedalboards

and other very minor things.

This is likely to be the final build before RC1

Super.

Will install 289…

Hi Filipe,

I tested v1.3.0.289. Worked for me. The record-no-sound-problems are away (listen at https://pedalboards.moddevices.com/pedalboards/589387142564d429e1bed991 - the global output was to low, so it is a little bit too quiet).

I found small things related to preset management (Browser: Firefox 51.0.1 (64-Bit) Linux):

If I create some presets for a pedalboard and I assign them to a footswitch or knob the on/off switch of a plugin seems not to be recalled. Only after reloading the whole pedalboard the on/off switch works like expected.

And one to storing pedalboards:
The thumbnail image was sometimes not created.I cannot exactly say when this happens. I think when deleting the pedalboard to fast after storing?

Regards, Holger
This was the only problem I have found until now.

1 Like

When trying to add “Hardware Bypass MOD” I get an error: “Error adding effect”.

I can confirm this.
I know what the issue is, will be sorted out soon.