Update to 1.12.0.2966 does not complete

Hi.

I connected my Mod Duo to the web console after some time. The usual prompt for updating the device (to 1.12.0.2966) pops up as expected but then the Downloading pop up never moves and the download never completes.

Browser is Chrome 107.0.53064.68 on Linux Ubuntu 22.10 and navigation and all other activities from the pc is working fine.

1 Like

are you able download https://download.moddevices.com/releases/modduo/modduo-v1.12.0.2966.tar ?

2 Likes

I borrowed another PC from a friend. This has Windows as OS. With this I was able to upgrade.

As a side note, maybe this is related to the other topic where i report difficulties installing bundles from the plugin store. On this PC the installation process works, where on my regular Ubuntu laptop the download stalls at 0%.

Could it be some problem on Linux?

1 Like

might be due to browser plugins, or something blocking moddevices.com as domain

2 Likes

I use Ubuntu Studio (started with 20.04 and have upgraded through 22.10). I have had my Dwarf since March of 2022 and haven’t had any issues with loading plugins or doing OS updates. I use Firefox with duckduckgo and privacy badger as the only plugins.

Just one data point from one user, though :slight_smile:

1 Like

I also have upgraded using Linux with no problem (Ubuntu 22.04, Firefox). Note that I give full trust to the moddwarf.local address (mainly in Noscript, adblocker ultimate, and cookie autodelete), and also enable javascript and cookies on both moddevices and mod.audio addresses. Not sure if these are relevant to the upgrade process.

1 Like

Yes this works

2 Likes