Unusual high CPU usage

yes, noise with a bit of glitchy tone… the note/noise balance allows it to be slightly more pitchy, but it’s always quite, ummmm, “non-clean”! :slight_smile:

great news, btw!

ah cool.
letting that pedalboard running overnight results in 0 xruns when I come back in the morning. so the new kernel seems to indeed help the case here :slight_smile:

I will test the other ones now

4 Likes

great news! woot!

1 Like

Another test, booted the unit with bfb2018may pedalboard loaded as last pedalboard saved.
Left it overnight, 0 xruns on the next day :sunglasses:

So this issue is fixed, pending a new release.
Still some minor things to handle, but nothing that will affect audio/realtime performance.

6 Likes

wow, that’s astounding to see that pedalboard run without xruns!

i’m so delighted to have been with MOD in this ongoing journey of refinement and responsive design – you guys are a shining example of what’s possible when a company is open to and engaged with an active community of users!

6 Likes

my pedal board is over 95% and i don’t know why… i have put some pedal for my stereo instrument…
someone can help me?
in attach a snapshot of my pedal board
thanks

2 Likes

I noticed that it not the amount of plugins you use but which ones.
Sometimes it is a certain plugin draining 40% of your cpu.

The new VeJa mutant amp for example. While most amps don’t use so much, it seems like it clogs my whole flow. (ashame, as I really like it). something that “models” is a usual suspect (cab, reverb,…) try removing these first and put sound through it! the Mutant amp doesn’t eat too much but as soon as you start bashing the guitar, it maxes out. I think it might have something to do with artificially created harmonic overtones or something?

3 Likes

Also note that if you enabled the noise reduction feature in the device’s overall configuration, that will eat up some CPU as well.

2 Likes

Hello LievenDV
Considering amp models I think it’s related to oversampling.

2 Likes

Interesting, I should try testing turning it off since I’ve gotten that other power supply.

Then there is not so much you can do?

3 Likes

On the user side there is nothing we can do. At least if we want the best quality each plugin can offer.
Higher oversampling rates demands higher CPU usage.

3 Likes