Underrated plugins

In this topic I would like to hear from the users which plug-ins they prefer to use and which, from their point of view, do not get the attention they deserve. So it’s not about praising Shiro Reverb, for example, because everyone knows that plugin is damn good. It’s about plugins that tend to get overlooked. I would be pleased if as many guys as possible would post here their “hidden champions”, perhaps we discover mutually still genuine treasures.

My current favorite plugin that doesn’t get the attention it needs from my point of view is the floaty modulation/delay from remaincalm!

2022-11-11 10_23_02-floaty - MOD Devices – Mozilla Firefox

It is a very cool delay with modulation and somehow much more, the plugin can do much more than meets the eye. You can modulate the echo of the delay, starting from slight tonal changes of the sound, to almost psychedelic soundscapes or almost “destroyed” sound. The plugin is very inspiring. I use it on about half of my pedalboards and especially on my favorite ones. It’s also worth trying out the default presets, even if they seem too strong to me, as is often the case with pedals with default presets. But you can see the possibilities of the plugin well and find your own settings based on it.

17 Likes

It’s great i agree i am using it a lot. It’s sitting proudly in almost every pedalboard i have created so far

4 Likes

This is a great idea for a thread @Kim - never used it ( not a great fan of those modulation effects).
It would be nice to have a short soundclip of the plugin to showcase what it does (best).
Or create a pedalboard with only the plugin and needed parts and upload it to the feed.

This could be a added feature to the store where every plugin has a few go-to soundbites.

4 Likes

Very good idea! I am in office now, but later I will take care of that.

2 Likes

and

and

and

and

=

:+1:

4 Likes

I love the floaty. But since its buffer is updated once the time value changes, it doesn’t work with external midi clock that changes ever so slightly. Sad…

1 Like