TTAP sync to Global Tempo?

Hi!

I know this plugin is still in beta, but I’m missing the option to translate value to musical tempo on the TIME parameter … Is it planned for the future version?

thanks!

Fer

3 Likes

Yes. We do planned to have tempo sync on this one :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Am I missing the sync option in the interface or something? I could use CV but I feel like it’s gotta be there based on this thread and the info pane…

1 Like

If I don’t mistake, you get the sync by “syncing” the time to the master tempo on the assignment of the time parameter

4 Likes

@jon Ok thanks I had to update TTAP— which I did by saving my pedalboard, then opening a new board, then going to the store and updating, then going back and reopening the pedalboard I’d been working on. Weirdly, I then had to take the pedal off the board, update it again from the plugin store page, then put a new instance of TTAP in the board in order for the updated version to show up. Is this expected? Did I miss a step? I shouldn’t need to re-implement every pedal I’ve updated, right? Thanks!

2 Likes

@jon - This is amazing, it works for Gaffa also, which is one feature I was missing! Thank you!

Just some feedback on that way of syncing time:

• That isn’t a terribly intuitive way to do it - I have been wanting that feature in Gaffa and had no idea it was already implemented.
  • Unless I’m missing someting, the way this is implemented makes it to where you can’t change the time division from the device itself without the webGUI. (for example changing from 1/4 note to dotted 8th with a knob)
3 Likes

agreed, it would be fantastic to be able to map those note divisions… but I didn’t realize this was how Gaffa did it either… d’oh! Thanks…

2 Likes

Indeed you shouldn’t. The issue was most likely outdated plugins. Perhaps to refresh in all your pedalboard you would need to reboot the device. Did you do that?

Noted. I understand what you mean.

As you are synced to the master tempo, you need to do this assignment in the master tempo

1 Like

That is not the same as changing the subdivision of the delay. I should be able to have 1/8 note delay while leaving the beats per bar untouched - otherwise any other time-synced plugins also change their behavior.

The part that needs to be assignable for this is in your previous screenshot, the dropdown list that is currently set to ‘2T’

2 Likes

Select “sync to host tempo” in the adressing dialog and choose a button or knob before pressing save, that way you will get the list of subdivisions adressed to your device.

I agree that this is not an ideal user experience, and it is on our list of things to improve. The target being having a “sync” button next to the relevant parameters in the plugin settings screen, which would then turn the knob into a list of subdivisions. This list could then be mapped to a control with the usual workflow.

//Jesse

6 Likes

Ok wow, I did not see that, that’s great!

Sorry for being oblivious.

4 Likes