The mod-plugin-cookbook: using AI to create new plugins

i wouldn’t worry about it , im not a bass player nor do I have an Anagram :wink:

bit-crusher.mk (15.1 KB)

trance-gate.mk (20.6 KB)

delay-matrix.mk (19.8 KB)

can’t get the trance gate working but hey somebody might be able to tweak it. The bit crusher and delay matrix are really cool .

Delay matrix is 2 mono delays A and B feeding into a stereo delay all off which can feedback into each other sort of. It has a limiter to stop it getting crazy.

Hope people like them

1 Like

here are some more if anybody fancies them.

bass-synth.mk (30.0 KB)

trance-gate-1.mk (12.7 KB)

quad-phaser.mk (17.7 KB)

quad-opto-tremolo.mk (16.6 KB)

quad-flanger.mk (18.3 KB)

quad-chorus.mk (16.4 KB)

microcosm.mk (26.5 KB)

cc-router8.mk (15.6 KB)

cc-router.mk (16.9 KB)

3 Likes

Noticed I can’t seem to make basic synths, the plugins compile and are found by the dwarf but no sounds I’m afraid.

Got to say the only thing holding me back is the amount of messages I get with Claude per day.

I’m surprised nobody else seems to be jumping on this. I’ve got a few more to share including the murf, nucleo reverb and fuzz factory 7, they aren’t perfect so if anybofy wants to help refine them please feel free to jump in. They all sound pretty cool in their own way.

I’m surprised you haven’t told gear news as I really do think this is a game changer.

Thankyou for all your amazing work so far, really appreciate it

nucleo-rev.mk (19.4 KB)

fuzz-factory.mk (13.0 KB)

micro-synth.mk (18.9 KB)

moog-murf.mk (18.1 KB)

5 Likes

I also gave it a try and the results were quite good.
I even searched the pedal schematic up, made Claude analyze it and create a pedal based on that.
That was really cool, but I’m not so 100% sure it’s calculated values are correct and then I ran out of tokens. So I didn’t share anything yet.

This current “one single .mk file” solution is very constrained in what it can accommodate and the MIDI events are not part of the scope. For that we need to expand the solution to handle a bundle of files.

If we grow it to the “bundle of files” solution, we’ll likely use repositories - the user stores the files in a repo which is pointed by the .mk file. If that happens, it opens the door for better collaboration. I think that this brings strong potential in collaboration. We could all be channeling our AI messages towards polishing a codebase.

And of course, expanding to the “bundle of files” we also can accommodate the UI of the plugins.

I want first to improve a bit the experience before making publicity.

Very glad you like it :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yeah Claude is a nightmare for that but I’m getting there slowly. Claude does seem to be the only one I get anything working from, copilot and gemini don’t follow the mk file rule and create multiple files. Hopefully I will have more to share soon

If anybody does get Gemini working, they have shareable “Gems” that are designed to repeat specific tasks.

I have no issues at all with Gemini

mf101.mk (8.9 KB)

mf109.mk (8.6 KB)

mf108.mk (9.6 KB)

mf107.mk (9.3 KB)

mf104.mk (8.5 KB)

mf103.mk (8.8 KB)

mf102.mk (8.1 KB)

Moogerfooger , first pass through Claude, the104 delay and 109 clusterflux seems to work ok, the others need a tweak i think.

The Murf earlier isn’t bad but way quiet and a bit muffled. Waiting on more questions with Claude

1 Like

ok i will give Gemini a go again to try and speed up my process. Has anybody tried mine yet? I would love feedback or collaboration

I just tried a few, Microcosm, Delay Matrix and Bit Crusher all sound good, can’t get Bass Synth to accept input cables in the GUI. I’ve never played through a Microcosm, but I have an Evil Pet, and your plugin is not thaaaaaaaat far off… Very cool stuff. Thanks for doing them.

3 Likes

The system does not work yet for synths. But soon :slight_smile:

2 Likes

To be honest I’ve done over 50 now! H9 stuff, hologram effects, chase bliss, ehx stuff, gristleizer and even some of mine own ideas etc and got to say some are pretty close others nowhere near but still super cool plugins. I’ve been using Claude and gemini. I gemini you have to save the text file as a mk. Claude makes the actual file to download. The only thing I need now is synths :wink:.

If you want I can continue uploading my creations here.

Also just out of interest what’s the quickest way to delete all the cookbook plugins from the dwarf?

3 Likes

Forgot to ask, is there a way to load the plugins onto mod desktop? Would make my work flow a bit quicker so I can test before sending to dwarf

1 Like

I’ve tested some of yours, but surely not 50 :slight_smile:

Been thinking a lot on how to grow this without increasing too much the complications, and I’ve got to say it is a bit of a challenge. Not sure yet how to advance, but I’m positive we will.

No. At the moment the fastest is to do it in the Plugin Store area of the Web UI

Not yet :wink:

I would love to check out more of them… I’m not exactly comfortable with the procedure for installing plugins via terminal/ssh so I’m happy to find a way to easily install some new ones that aren’t in the beta plugin section of the store… I’ll have to try them on Duo X too.

1 Like

bricasti-m7-2.mk (20.4 KB)

keeley-halo.mk (12.4 KB)

infinitejetsplugin.mk (15.5 KB)

h90-hotsawz.mk (12.4 KB)

h9-ultratap.mk (10.9 KB)

h9-dynaverb.mk (13.0 KB)

h9-crystals.mk (11.7 KB)

h9-blackhole.mk (14.0 KB)

gristleizer.mk (15.8 KB)

ehx-hog2.mk (12.1 KB)

dream-sequence.mk (14.9 KB)

chroma-console.mk (14.6 KB)

chase-bliss-mood.mk (13.0 KB)

chase-bliss-blooper.mk (13.0 KB)

2 Likes

dream-sequence.mk (14.9 KB)

h9-mangledverb.mk (10.6 KB)

h9-resonator.mk (10.8 KB)

h9-shimmer.mk (11.5 KB)

h9-spacetime.mk (12.0 KB)

h9-tremolopan.mk (10.3 KB)

h9-ultratap.mk (10.9 KB)

korg-miku-stomp.mk (11.7 KB)

h9-blackhole.mk (14.0 KB)

2 Likes

I think that should do for minute.

Miku stomp obviously didn’t work but nice stepped vowel thing.

Slowly doing the whole h90 algorithms and need to do chroma console again. I find Claude is better than gemini just I run out of messages really quick. Gemini is OK nut seems to make pedals with only a few knobs such as the HOG2 instead of the full compliment. I’ll run through the again and make them better later

you don’t need to. Using the MOD Cloud Builder you get a button to directly install it in your Dwarf.

2 Likes