Tested and approved MIDI controllers

I gave up on the stock FCB1010 but have had GREAT SUCCESS with both Line 6’s FBV Shortboard Mk II and FBV Express Mk II. They plug in fine to USB and can be easily programmed on Mac and PC with an editor to send CC or Midi machine control. The switches can toggle or be momentary or even be set to increment values. The lights reflect the on off state of the pedals but not necessarily the state of the MOD depending on what the initial settings of your pedalboard are. I just zero out the pedals with each new song. I also got the midi program change to work with boards and snapshots. The LCD displays what midi is being sent when you press any switch.

The shortboard is built like a tank and can be found used for a little over $100 in the US. The express has a plastic base with 4 metal pedals, but is about half the price.

5 Likes

I realize this post is very old, but I just got an MP100. It’s not working so I probably haven’t put in the correct settings. Can you let me know what you did to make it work?

Many thanks …

1 Like