Stuttter

If anyone is interested: modgui + presets added

12 Likes

Newb ereā€¦ Cant get any output from it?

Youā€™ll find a short demo here:

7 Likes

The plugin is build for the Dwarf, donā€™t know if it could be a problem on other devices.
Did you assign a footswitch to the ztutter parameter ?

Yop,
I love this plugin !
a very few remarks since it is still in beta :

• it is quite CPU hungry, could a mono version help to reduce this ?
  • the ztutter parameter should be an on/off switch no ?
  • Yes maybe a mono version without filter and tail could be possible in the futureā€¦
  • Yes I did it like this (momentary on) for my proper use, but on the Dwarf you can assign your footswitch to the latch mode and it will work as on/off, or edit the STUTTTER_dsp.ttl file and change the ā€œztutterā€ index (#18)
    from
    lv2:portProperty lv2:integer, lv2:toggled, mod:preferMomentaryOnByDefault ;
    to
    lv2:portProperty lv2:toggled;

Another cool option is both possibilities with one footswitch :
Footswitch ā†’ Multi Button to CV
Single press and Long press ā†’ CV to Logic operator (OR mode) ā†’ ztutter parameter

3 Likes

Hi Rom,
Youā€™ll find a mono version here:

Update 31/03/24 : Screenshot and thumbnail added

• link delay time to Dwarf Main tempo implemented
3 Likes

Thanks a lot, Iā€™ll try this next week!!!

Took me some time but I finally tested the non Stutter, and itā€™s PERFECT !!!
Thanks a lot @zwabo !!!

The MS_ENV parameter may be a bit more explicit if it was named ā€œAttackā€ ?

Cool.
Unless Iā€™m mistaken, I call it ENV because there is a ramp up and a ramp down.

2 Likes

Hi. In Dwarf my plugin settings window (from the store) does not look at all like whatā€™s in the video. There is no way to assign a function to a footswitch, only to a knob. I have no idea how to put a plugin from github into a Dwarf. Donā€™t shoot, Iā€™m just a Window user.

Youā€™re right, I just did a try with the one in the Beta store and there is an issue, donā€™t know whyā€¦

So, here is the simplest way to tweak the problem: for the Ztutter, Double, Random, Reverse knob parameters, you can use, for each one, a Control to CV plugin with the Control at 10v. and a footswitch-> on/off.
Not very elegant but it worksā€¦

Another option is to edit the .ttl file in the lv2 folder according to the instructions here after the line
" to get a switch for this parameter"
https://wiki.mod.audio/wiki/Max_gen~

Or If you want to install the last version from github on windows, you should probably use Win SCP, see the Jacubeā€™s post here for his plugin installation:

Then you have to reboot the dwarf.

Hope it helps

Should look like this:

@ falkTX
Any problem with the custom.ttl file?

1 Like

Thanks for the reply. I saw a post about WinSCP, but I was a little afraid to try it, because all this is very unobvious to me as an ordinary user of a guitar pedal. Getting into the software of the device is not the most standard scenario for a musician. It is especially surprising that everyone on the forum is well versed in all this and does not see any problems in changing the lines of the plugin codeā€¦ Actually, Iā€™m a processor guy and twisting parameters is a familiar thing for me. But with a Dwarfā€¦ This level is not at all for those who like simplicity. (by the way, I suspect that this scares off many potential users). But I tried the WinSCP option and installed the plugin (mono) from Github. Thanks for the advice, and separately for developing cool plugins!

2 Likes