Stuck midi notes

Folks - anyone have this problem? I.e. notes are triggered and then ‘stick’ in the on position.

I’m looking for a utility that can send some kind of global ‘all notes off’ signal or something similar to achieve that aim. Any suggestions please?

x

1 Like

Having a look at the source code, the infamous mindi the infamous mindi - MOD Audio looks to be able to send a All Notes Off command.

2 Likes

Thanks Smanth - is note value zero the same as ‘all notes’?

I’d seen mindi but it looked to me as though the note off was limited to a specific note. There will probably be something very obvious that I’m missing here!!

Otherwise this would be ideal - the on/off can be triggered by a pad instruction from keys I think…

x

1 Like

You may be interested in this post :

4 Likes

Let me guess, you’re getting a ton of stuck notes using the WIDI Bud Pro? Yes, I ran into this same issue. Like Smanth suggested, I ended up assigning a Dwarf footswitch to have Mindi send cc123 to all my synths (and unfortunately, my Electro-Harmonix v256 pedal doesn’t respond to this CC so the only way to unstick a note is to either play it again or power cycle the pedal, which I actually had to do mid-song on stage a few weeks ago). The better solution: WIDI Jack into the Dwarf serial input seems to be almost impervious to stuck notes, but I’ll get many stuck notes with the WIDI Bud Pro. I’m not sure exactly where the issue lies. It might be the USB hub, it might be the way the Dwarf handles USB MIDI. I did some pretty intense testing a few weeks ago and didn’t really reach a clear conclusion as to what the actual culprit was. I definitely did NOT have the stuck notes issue using the WIDI Bud Pro directly in my laptop so I’m pretty sure it’s not the issue. I wish I’d taken notes on my different setups and how long it’d take me to get a stuck note. Maybe I’ll try again soon. But yeah, all in all you should try using the WIDI Jack into the Dwarf’s serial port and see if that reduces your stuck notes.

1 Like

Damn… I have just faced the same issue here. Using the midi in, some notes are stuck forever, as if the note off message is lost. Same device on other devices does not suffer from this problem, so it must be something in the midi implementation of the software.

It is happening in my mod dwarf, mod duo x and also modep!!!

1 Like