Stacked / Synced LP3 How To?

Can someone describe the setup for stacking LP3 loopers and having them synchronized? I’ve tried various combinations of record mode options, transport running, virtual MIDI loopback enabled, but haven’t gotten the result I’d like.

I come from a Boss RC300 background and am trying to achieve a similar multi-track scenario (beyond 2 that a single LP3 offers). That said, my current use case is I’d like to have one LP3 output to Output 1 → PA / amp another LP3 output to Output 2 → bass amp. I’d like to record a track on the first LP3 and then record another track on the second LP3 that is in sync with the first.

Referring to this thread for inspiration: My favourite mod Plugins for live looping so far - #12 by MCCY

3 Likes

First LP3: Record mode async
Second LP3: MIDI clock internal, Record mode MIDI

Record your original track on track 1 of the first. When you record on the second, the tracks will be recorded to multiples of the original track length and will be held in sync with the original track.

5 Likes

Actually, on the first LP3, if you plan to record into the second track, then you’ll need record mode self sync.

2 Likes

Thank you for the info @looperlative I’ll try it out after work.

3 Likes

Heyho, I’m really struggling to make this work:

So the first lp3 is the master → self sync
the second lp3 should be synced to the first → midi sync

however when I try this, its not working. What am I doing wrong?

On the lower LP3, go into settings and change “MIDI CLK SOURCE” to “Internal”.

1 Like

Thanks! I checked the settings of the lower looper but I didn’t find such setting. Not sure if I understood correctly.

Did you mean to set mods transport sync to itnernal?

So Lp3 nr1master → sync mod transport via loop back
→ lp3 nr2 slave, synced to mod transport

I tried that, and this would give me lots of Jo Jula in the sync…

Make sure that you have the latest version of the LP3 Basic plugin. If not, then update it. In the LP3 Basic settings screen, you should see “MIDI CLK SOURCE”.

Thank you, I apreciate your help!! just did an update, still don’t see the mentioned setting, but plugging midi from lp3 master lp3slave now works.

btw what does “looper number” do?

Very odd that the option is not there. May require a reboot or something due to caching of the old setup. Might be as simple as restarting your browser or might require the Dwarf to reboot.

A cltr+F5 to clear the browser’s cache ?

Browser restart + rebooting the unit did it!
Thank you so much for your help!

1 Like