Saving bpm in snapshots

It would be useful (for me anyway!) if the midi bpm were saved with snapshots - I’ve set up a few pedalboards that should have varying time signatures using a step sequencer and when I save a nice slow jazz board it still comes back at 120 bpm!

2 Likes

Does it come back always to 120bpm when you change the snapshot?
If yes, more than a feature request I would call it a bug fix

I have to check, but I believe so - it could go back to the last used bpm, but I think it’s 120. Let me check. Okay, checked, the bpm does not change when a snapshot is loaded, no matter what the bpm was when the snapshot was saved. So if I save one at 90 bpm, then it will not go to 90 bpm when I load it, it will stay at whatever value it has.

if the step sequencer is set to follow host tempo/sync, the bpm should not change.

1 Like

Yes, the step sequencer is set to follow host sync - the Dwarf - I’m using the beta looper that will start and reset when the midi is turned on and off, so I can reset it with one pedal. If I change the Dwarf midi bpm then the sequencer changes. If I set a slow temp board and take a snapshot it seems to me that the bpm would be part of the snapshot, but it’s not - so I have set up 3 snapshots using the same sequencer, one running at 120bpm, one at 34 bpm and one at 214 bpm, but when I load the snapshot the bpm does not change from whatever it is before I loaded it! I then have to go into the gui or map a knob to change it, which is a pain in a live situation (I’ve not used it live as yet, but you never know!)

right so this is expected with the current design.
snapshots do not save&restore transport state.

I think the case can be made for it to be this way. if you change the BPM and then switch snapshots, under normal circumstances I dot not think users would like that to “reset” the BPM.

So if we add support for transport state in snapshots, it should be optional. Do you agree?

2 Likes

Yes, optional would be fine - even set on the pedalboard itself somehow, although having a plug in that just enables the saving of the transport state with a snapshot might be a sledgehammer/nut solution!

1 Like