Saving a cluster

Is there a way to save just a cluster or certain combination of plugins with the settings?

There are some combinations of plugins I absolutely love and use it all the time. I wish I don’t have to pull in each plugin every time, plug them in, and set the controls.

For the melody side of mr NS/Stick I love the sound of the GxEpic going into the Alembic and then into Vintage Cabinets. I like to start with that combination and grow the new pedalboard from there. I just wish I can save just that section and quickly start making my new pedalboard.

There are certain combination of plugins that I want to create and pull up whenever I want without having to re-create the combination every time.

Is this something anyone else would be interested in?

7 Likes

Yeah, having a “sub”-board that could be imported into other boards would be a great feature, and I think it has been requested here in the past. It would be a fantastic feature, as I find myself with the same pattern.

Edit:
I was thinking about this a few days ago, and I think one technical/UX hurdle would be managing the button/switch assignments for imported sub-boards. For example, if you have a new board with a plugin assigned to Page 1, and foot switch B is assigned as on/off and 3 knobs, importing a sub-board with a plugin assigned to Page 1 switch B and 3 knobs, is there a clean way to resolve this conflict? Maybe sub-boards define switch/button assignment differently? Maybe a board/sub-board being imported loses all assignments and you have to assign upon import?

4 Likes

see the various comments about a plugin block concept here:

…the idea has been mapped for development… :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I figured there must have been a post about this… I searched but couldn’t figure out what key words would have been used…

I don’t make new pedalboards because I don’t want to keep re-creating parts I made… So I keep making a giant pedalboard that keeps growing and growing… and I keep running out of CPU.

Which makes me think… if we create a block will it help to reduce CPU usage?

3 Likes

one option is to save you pedal combination as the default pedalboard.
Or just save your current board as a new one and delete the plugins you don’t need.

What I haven’t figured out is an easy solution to combine two pedalboards or parts of.

4 Likes

the “block” idea will be really powerful, once it’s in place. yeah, i’ve thought about something like what you’re talking about… maintaining a big, comprehensive pedalboard, and maybe forking off different version of subsets of this, using it like a repository. there’s the issue of CPU load, for sure. but, also, the absence of even a rubberband box selection of multiple plugins for deletion or moving makes it difficult.

5 Likes

yeah… even a multi-plugin copy/paste would be super-helpful.

7 Likes