Repairability

Hi Dear Mod people.

A simple question : My Duo is now about 6 years old and I was wondering what would happen if it suddenly died because of a failing component. Since I am waiting for my Dwarf to arrive, I know I wouldn’t be left without replacement, but out of curiosity, I was wondering how complicated it would be to have it repaired.

Does Mod keep on the side a number of spare parts ?
Can most components be replaced with off-the-shelf new ones ?
And what if (god forbids) Mod Devices went bust ?

I am asking since many people in our community have built many pedalboards that they may want to use for the decades to come. And these pedalboards can only be run on a limited number of devices. So we are kind of dependant on the good health of our current devices and the Mod Devices company.

Someone can replace a broken pedal quite easily, either with an original or a clone. What about Mod Devices pedalboards.

(I know that since most of the software is open-source, there exist hackable solutions, but that might not be something most of the user can do).

Thanks for opening perspectives.

2 Likes

It would be really hard, extremely expensive, and perhaps even a waste of money to do that.

Some yes.

Well this is like any technology with aging. If that happens, I would say that it would be fairly easy to find components to fix the MOD Dwarf by yourself. Slightly harder for the MOD DuoX and a bit more the Duo. Simply, because of aging reasons and components being more scarce in the market.

This is the best side of MOD having a platform. You could always find a way to run your platform on other devices and access all of that. As long as you do frequent backups :wink:

In general, we are still supporting the 3 devices, so if you have any issue you can always reach support@moddevices.com and we will try to help you get it fixed. This is valid the same way for the MOD Dwarf or for the MOD Duo.

5 Likes

Thanks for this precious information !

1 Like