Release 1.8.2

Hello everyone, a bugfix update for the 1.8 series is here - v1.8.2 aka “Like and subscribe?”

We detected that old v1.6 pedalboards were not loading correctly in v1.8, which lead to the discovery that MIDI names were not being used properly (which is a breaking change).
This basically means pedalboards saved in separated mode for v1.8 releases until now were saved with wrong names, leading to errors when loading in previous versions (like v1.7) and anyway the names got truncated which is not a good thing.
Because this kinda breaks the pedalboard format, we are pushing for a fix as soon as possible. So here you have it :slight_smile:

Also fixed an issue when specific plugin lists were addressed to the device, where floating-point rounding errors would lead to wrong values being loaded.

Last but not least, we backported fixes from our master/v1.9 branch regarding Duo X noise (setting up GPIOs correctly).

Here’s the full changelog:

• fix list addressings that contain floating-point values (handle rounding errors)
  • fix loading of old pedalboards (v1.6 or earlier) that use USB MIDI
  • fix separated-mode MIDI device names
  • fix noise issues with Duo X (setup GPIOs correctly)
  • don’t show peak-meter workaround option on Duo

The next time you open the MOD web interface you’ll receive an update notification.
Just click on the tooltip icon in the bottom-right when that happens, then ‘Download’ and finally ‘Upgrade Now’.
Wait for a few minutes while the MOD updates itself automatically.

We hope you’re enjoying your MOD Duo and/or MOD Duo X.
Let us know if you find any issues.

7 Likes

oh yes! great

One issue with the ModX I found was:
reboot from web UI settings screen does not work. All I get is the Mod DuoX splash screen and both control chain LEDs lit, but it doesn’t boot and no ssh is available.
Version 1.8.2
Restore: 4F945DF
System: D9CFDFB
Controller: 2E927C5

This is with standard Safari browser Version 12.1 (14607.1.40.1.4) MacOS 10.14.4

Boot your ModX and plug in the usb cable. Type in browser 192.168.51.1 and click on the settings icon on the right bottom. Reboot your ModX from the settings panel.

Hope that helps tracking what happens after rebooting from the web UI…
Unplugging and replugging power boots the modX right away.
Greetings and God bless, Marius

thank you for this release :+1:

is there still the choice between footswitches and midi PC in the bank / pedalboard navigation like in the picture of the GUI user guide / section " Organizing Banks"

I don’t see it on my version

1 Like

Hello, I ask again here, I can not find a plugin for volume control or pedal Volume.
For all others, the volume does not cut completely.
For information, i plug a Nord Lead A1 in the ModDuoX.
And i pilot in midi with the MC6 Morningstar.
i have a problem of linearity avec ma expression pedal in midi.
Can you help ?

Hello @FanchLoric and sorry for being off-topic here,

what about the suggestion in the other thread to use the Stereo X-Fade plugin?
I agree a small plugin like TinyGain named SignalCut or else would be extremely helpful or reprogramming each effect that leaves tails like every reverb and delay plugin available.
Unfortunately this costs time writing code, recompiling, bundling and maybe forking an existing codebase and is not easy to do.

Greetings and God bless, Marius

Hello le stereo Xfade does not cut the sound totally.

This update doesn’t work for my Mod Duo. After ‘Preparing update… (may take a few minutes)’ the connection is lost. I think in the next step there should be something on the mod displays?! But it just displays my pedalboard.
If I replug the usb cable the connection gets reestablished. Where can I get some logs?

Hardware: Mod Duo
Version: 1.8.0

EDIT: Manual update worked.

1 Like