Release 1.8.0-RC4

Hello all. This is a bugfix for the previous 1.8 release candidate.

We made some more fixes for the v1.8 series, also reduced noise levels.
Everyone that has previous 1.8 RC builds installed, please update as soon as possible.
Those who are beta testers will get this upgrade in their mod-ui notification panel.

Please refer to the RC1 topic to read the changes made in 1.8:

Here’s the changelog for RC4:

• another fix for noise (software induced)
  • fix controller desync when addressed bpm changes
  • fix banks index when changing to a different one in the controller (leading to the wrong pedalboard being loaded)
  • fix endless knobs bar graphic when there are more than 255 steps
  • fix non-paginated list-type controls addressed in the controller (small lists or tempo dividers)
  • fix “send MIDI clock” option not being saved
  • fix pedalboard screenshots with plugins that have audio and cv ports on the same side
  • fix pedalboard screenshots with plugins that use shadow in their background image
  • fix several MIDI sync related issues and improve timing for USB-MIDI devices
  • add option in advanced settings for automatically restart controller screen (disabled by default)
  • don’t allow regular full value only actuators (integer or float) to address lists
  • use a single device when the experimental composite device is enabled (as hacks for windows don’t work anyway)
  • miscellaneous kernel and u-boot fixes for Duo X

Known Issues:

• addressing a list to a button or footswitch does not wrap-around last/first values

Here’s the manual download link:
Duo: http://download.moddevices.com/releases/testing/modduo-v1.8.0.910-RC4.tar
Duo X: http://download.moddevices.com/releases/testing/modduox-v1.8.0.911-RC4.tar

The upgrade procedure is explained at the top of our releases page, here:
http://wiki.moddevices.com/wiki/Releases

We hope you’re enjoying your MOD Duo / MOD Duo X.
Please let us know of any issues!

4 Likes

Same MIDI DIN issues as reported for RC2 (no polyphony, stuck notes, etc.). Not sure if anything was supposed to change with this RC.
The Duo X also froze after the new OS was installed.

Time to get to the bottom of this, I sent you a PM

2 Likes

Hey, @falkTX I’m finding that some plugins are missing since the 1.8s. For instance, the Rakarrack Sustainer–which I use all over the place–is missing. Does this mean it will be eliminated, or rather it needs work for 1.8? I have a LOT of pedalboards which use this unit.

Also, about issues I’ve experienced with 1.8.0-RC4. I have a DUO (2017 unit) and I’m experiencing CPU-thrash with RC4. It consistently spikes 100% and the audio stream stops momentarily. In fact, I reverted to 1.7, because I have a gig later today (not least because my pedalboards’ use of Rakarrack Sustainer), so unfortunately, I wasn’t able the shell into the device to report what process is at fault–I’ll do so later on though and report back.

Any thoughts?

There is no plan to remove any plugins, so that part is weird.
The plugin disappears when you update to 1.8-RC and comes back again when you downgrade to 1.7?

The issue with CPU spike might be a side-effect of the new noise fix, but I did not see it in my own Duo hmmm, will investigate.
Thanks for testing!

Okay, good thanks.

Yes, exactly.

Other than that, all the 1.8 features seem really good. RC2 the tuner broke, but in RC4 it was working again.

Hey, do you see a point where building pedalboards from the device screens will be possible? I’d love to have this feature! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes