Release 1.7.3

Hello everyone, a bugfix update for the 1.7 series is here - v1.7.3 aka “X or no X, that is the question”

It focuses on bug fixes and gives support for a new Duo hardware revision.
This is a required update for Duo X units.

NOTE: This update is considered BETA for Duo units.
You will not received an automatic update for it, but have to manually install it.
Direct link to Duo update file: http://download.moddevices.com/releases/testing/modduo-v1.7.3.780.tar

Another thing to take into consideration is that ‘aggregated MIDI mode’ is still the only available mode in this release.
This will break pedalboards on Duo units that rely on having separate MIDI ports.
Version 1.8 will have an option for ‘aggregated’ or ‘legacy’ MIDI modes.

Here’s the full changelog:

• fix addressing dialog not fitting all elements nicely
  • fix bank navigation not always activating properly
  • fix user data backup adding (useless) cache folder
  • fix hardcoded “modduo” unit name in user data backup files
  • fix LED blink not turning off when enabling bank navigation (Duo only)
  • fix several minor bug regarding pedalboards loaded through device menu
  • remove hold when changing scroll direction in Duo’s knobs
  • rename “All” to “All Pedalboards”
  • rename “Untitled” to “Untitled Pedalboard”
  • kernel and controller fixes for Duo 2020 unit (eMMC vs nand)
  • optionally format user partition during system upgrade, according to image build type

The next time you open the MOD web interface you’ll receive an update notification.
Just click on the tooltip icon in the bottom-right when that happens, then ‘Download’ and finally ‘Upgrade Now’.
Wait for a few minutes while the MOD updates itself automatically.

We hope you’re enjoying your MOD Duo and/or MOD Duo X.
Let us know if you find any issues.

If you haven’t received your Duo X yet, please be patient and hopefully it is dispatched and arrives soon.
Thanks for understanding.

4 Likes

The new Duo Black PCB looks very cool :metal:

7 Likes

Just installed it in my Duo - seems to be working fine, and accessing pedal boards takes WAYYYY less time with the new menus. Will report back h any bugs I find :slightly_smiling_face::mosquito::cricket::spider::ant:

4 Likes

Hello everyone!

For me, as a Guitarist (who plays 30 years) a wish comes true.
I’m now a happy owner of a Mod Duo X (#17) and i like this unit sooo much.
To list all the pro’s of this well made product would be too much here :slight_smile:
and i appreciate all the hard work you guys put into it.

So i’ve got some little suggestions:

The preset-function of the plugins could be a very useful tool, but you always have to swich through all factory or default presets. Is there an option to switch only between the own user presets if you assign the function to an encoder or knob?

It would be a nice feature to assign one of the four knobs to the tuner function or maybe by pressing both endless encoders - enter the tuner funcition with one press on a button without dialing through a menue is an essential function for any guitarist, althought i know the “X” is primarily made for electronic musicians.

If the 2-way switch plugin is assigned to one of the switch of der MOD footpedal, the led’s should change between red and green light according to the choosen channel. There is no chance to read the tiny little numbers on the display for an old man like me.

Once more, thank you and have a nice day!

3 Likes

I very much second this suggestion. Might be a good idea to start separate threads for each of your suggestions.

3 Likes