Release 1.7.1

Hello everyone, a bugfix update for the 1.7 series is here - v1.7.1 aka “Who comes up with these names?”

This is a required update.
It fixes quite a few issues we found related to MIDI program handling, plus doing a lot of actions very quickly (for example, loading a snapshot right after going ahead 2 pages).
Also other issues we found along the way that slipped through us in the initial release.
Hopefully things will be more stable for those that had issues.
We will be investigating more MIDI related issues next (MIDI sync needs to improve for one).

NOTE: This is only relevant for MOD Duo X units.
The v1.7 series will come to the Duo at a later point, we are still focusing on a few Duo X things.

Here’s the full changelog:

• add control voltage category
  • fix a bunch of snapshot loading related issues
  • fix enumeration/list addressings (wrong values)
  • fix loading pedalboards via MIDI programs
  • fix MIDI program channel for pedalboard and snapshot changes (offset by 1)
  • fix network identification taking very long time on Windows systems
  • fix selecting clock source via device not always working properly
  • fix for next page button pressed right after a pedalboard change via MIDI program
  • make BPM assignable as integer
  • update bpm on menu screen when it changes in the device

The next time you open the MOD web interface you’ll receive an update notification.
Just click on the tooltip icon in the bottom-right when that happens, then ‘Download’ and finally ‘Upgrade Now’.
Wait for a few minutes while the MOD updates itself automatically.

We hope you’re enjoying your MOD Duo X.
Let us know if you find any issues.

If you haven’t received yours yet, please be patient and hopefully it is dispatched and arrives soon.
Thanks for understanding.

3 Likes

…indeed… :mage:

Update went flawlessly for me. Thanks

2 Likes

There was a tiny little thing extra needed to show up the CV plugins, I pushed a new build (705) as update just now. Not worth a new release, and why wait for a fix that is tiny (but important).
If you already updated, please do so again.

We are publishing the CV plugins in a few minutes. :rocket:

1 Like

usb-network-gadget mode seems to work more reliable for me now on macos too :slight_smile:

hmm that is surprising.
the issue on Windows was it sending a DHCP request without lease, then a few more times till it gave up and then finally did things properly (after 1 minute or so)
so the “fix” is simply to ignore such cases, and try to continue with DHCP anyway. Windows reacts to this quite well, and in our tests it does not affect other OSes in a bad way.

Great to hear it improves things on macOS too!

The Duo with 1.7 will be quite a nice upgrade when it arrives :smiley:
(since this issue is there too, and now fixed)
We just need to fix resources being slow to load under heavy cpu pedalboards. But I have some good ideas on how to go about that. Exciting times!

2 Likes

There is one thing I experience on the DuoX under 1.7.0 and still in 1.7.1 connecting to OSX:
When my DuoX is still connected to my Mac using the USB cable, and I power on the Mac and the DuoX, the DuoX is not appearing in the OSX network settings. Unplugging the Mac-side of the cable does not make it appear. Only unplugging the cable end in the DuoX and plugging it in there again makes the DuoX appear in the OSX network settings again.
The problem is, that I can not switch my system off in the evening, and start it again in the morning, starting my browser, and there is my DuoX again. I always need to unplug the USB cable…
Is there a way around this procedure?

Not that I know, not right now.

First time I hear of it, so was not aware of this issue.
I will investigate…

1 Like

…the same with my Duo on manjaro linux.

You mean the same for the unplug issue, or connecting ethernet stuff being faster?

oops… sorry for being unclear!
unplug.