Release 1.13.4

Hello everyone, a bugfix update for the 1.13 series is here - v1.13.4 aka “as stable as a chicken’s head”.

This update fixes some regressions around the latest tuner changes and improves system stability.

Hope you enjoy :slight_smile:

Special note for Duo users

Duo users will no longer receive these updates automatically, but are still able to manually install them via Releases - MOD Wiki.

We keep support for the Duo with the 1.13.x series, just without automatic updates.
An exception for this are units under the “testers” group. (also known as “group 1”)
If you have a Duo and want to keep receiving automatic updates please reply to this thread or send me a private message with your unit serial number.

And now the full changelog:

• Fix Duo X not always activating USB when Net+MIDI mode selected
  • Fix regression in 1.13.3 that caused tuner to misbehave on Duo and Duo X units
  • Fix tuner cents resolution
  • System tweaks to reduce sporadic xruns on Dwarf

The next time you open the MOD web interface you’ll receive an update notification.
Just click on the tooltip icon in the bottom-right when that happens, then ‘Download’ and finally ‘Upgrade Now’.
Wait for a few minutes while the MOD updates itself automatically.

We hope you’re enjoying your MOD unit.
Let us know if you find any issues.

21 Likes

After updating my DUO X wirth this v1.13.4 the XF4 controlboard is not recognized anymore, before the update, it worked well.

Omg, that’s awesome.

Was this the bug where the Dwarf froze when changing fast through pedalboards?

EDIT: only the audio froze, not the entire Dwarf, my bad sorry

xruns are glitches in the audio, not a complete freezing of the device.

1 Like

Yes, sorry for the mistake, what i was meaning to say was that the audio froze, not the entire Dwarf.
Anyway, thanks a lot for improving stability

1 Like

Did you solve the issue? I have XF4 working and I don’t want to take a risk. Thanks.

my MOD footswitch and Duo X are still working fine together after this update.

i assume your footswitch is still at the latest firmware release (0.4.1)? … i remember you had some issues about the firmware back in october.

Yes, still on latest firmware (0.4.1). I updated the XF4 manually (according the wiki), because updating with the MOD-GUI did not work. With the old firmware it worked well.
Don’t know what I can do further…

Sorry, no, it is not solved.

Hi

My Duo X controller is stuck since this update (it hadn’t been updated for a while). I sent a message to the support few days ago but I had no return.
I can access to the pedal via the web gui and load pedalboards but none of the control are transmitted.
Hence I cannot set the unit in manual update to go back to a precedent update.
Some helps would be great :slight_smile:

Thanks

Do you recall what version you were on before the update? I just got my duo x second hand and I’m wondering if dare to update as it has not been updated for a while.

Unfortunately I didn’t note down the version, as I didn’t think the upgrade would go badly. Maybe I should have gone through all the versions in between.

edit : I found this that could be useful. Will try it soon.

Oh, interesting, I have a DUO X LE, maybe this is the reason that the newest update did not support XF4. Will try to install manually fw 1.13.4^

Is there some place where I can find more information on this? In the previous version on my mod dwarf, I loved the tuner, it seemed pretty stable the thick line was pretty easy to get into position and the thin line was fidgety, but it seemed to be pretty accurate. Now it seems that the thick line took the place of the thin line in terms of being fidgity, while the thin line is almost impossible to control.

I am on a 5 string bass, so I’m on the lower end of the frequency range, which maybe a factor here.

Is there a possibility to somehow turn the tuner to the previous version?

I’d like to get automatic updates please:)