Release 1.13.3

Hello everyone, a bugfix update for the 1.13 series is here - v1.13.3 aka “Killing two gigs with one tone”.

This update fixes saving plugin presets that deal with files, updates the Dwarf tuner and brings support for the new MOD Cloud Builder.

Hope you enjoy :slight_smile:

Special note for Duo users

Duo users will no longer receive these updates automatically, but are still able to manually install them via Releases - MOD Wiki.

We keep support for the Duo with the 1.13.x series, just without automatic updates.
An exception for this are units under the “testers” group. (also known as “group 1”)
If you have a Duo and want to keep receiving automatic updates please reply to this thread or send me a private message with your unit serial number.

And now the full changelog:

• Allow plugin bundle uploads via websocket
  • Fix (re)saving and renaming plugin presets that contain files
  • Fix saving addressing information when pedalboard state becomes inconsistent
  • Update tuner to latest from the guitarix project

Dwarf specific: (updated tuner)

• Add a reference frequency option
  • Add current detected frequency and offset from note
  • Increase resolution of detected notes
  • Refresh tuner display quickly irregardless of web gui being open or not
  • Save and load tuner configuration (input port and reference frequency) across boots

The next time you open the MOD web interface you’ll receive an update notification.
Just click on the tooltip icon in the bottom-right when that happens, then ‘Download’ and finally ‘Upgrade Now’.
Wait for a few minutes while the MOD updates itself automatically.

We hope you’re enjoying your MOD unit.
Let us know if you find any issues.

33 Likes

ah those are some great fixes, many thanks!

1 Like

The new tuner is excellent! Gone goes the temptation to buy a dedicated tuner pedal :smile:

4 Likes

Just updated to make use of the cloud compiler;

Upon update the input lights are constantly lit, and when I plug in my instrument the input is extremely distorted.

On top of that my Max patch didn’t compile - is there any guidance/help file on how to use the new cloud compiler anywhere?

Is there any interface to upload the plugins? I think that it can be an alternative of beta library to avoid waiting the pull requests accepting process :slightly_smiling_face:

might be something that happens later, for now the focus is just having a way to restore the max-gen build function

2 Likes

I updated my Dwarf. Congratulations @brummer and @falkTX about the tunner work. It rocks

3 Likes

The weird input noise disappeared after running the power cycle a bunch of times…

and I figured out how to export the Max code…

I haven’t installed the update yet, but I would already like to express my gratitude for the tuner update. I have seen the videos before and I am really excited that there is an update that will make the tuner better for my bass guitar and my area of work (working with orchestras every few years, where I need a different tuner base frequency).

4 Likes

I’m happy that Mod Audio fixed the tuner and made it more accurate but… why didn’t they increase the note name size? You mean to say that you could not double the size? If the Dwarf is on the floor the tuner note name is hard to see!! In conclusion thanks for continually making the Mod Dwarf better and better. I stopped using my Quad Cortex cause the Mod Dwarf works better for!!

2 Likes

I very much enjoy the better accuracy of the new tuner!

Just did a quick test of the new tuner and its awesome! Thank you very much!

Thanks falkTX for all your great work (I keep finding it everywhere lately).
I tried the MOD Cloud Builder for Pure Data with a pd project which compiles locally for mod. It seems like the cloud builder doesn’t allow extra pd files to be included in the main abstraction? That makes it hard to use multiples of an object which might have lots of internal variables distinguished by arguments in the object declaration in the main patch. Is there a way to do this? Thanks again.

2 Likes

Hi, I’m getting a “Can’t Authenticate with Cloud” error when I load the plugin store, is something down or is it my side of things somehow?

1 Like

Today the mod infrastructure appears to be unstable. Probably this week they will fix it

1 Like

Thanks, seems fixed! Looking forward to checking out the new tuner!

I’ve got both a Dwarf and a Duo. Dwarf updated fine, but the manual update on the Duo wiped the user data, contrary to what the manual user guide says. I don’t think I did anything wrong (ICBW of course).

Hi Mr FalkTX :slight_smile:
Despite of your manipulation, my MOD DUO still not shows any update :confused:
S/N MDS-20170811-1-02-003-0189
My MOD had been serviced 2 or 3 years ago I think, could the S/N been changed ? :face_with_monocle:

Thanks for your works anyway ^^ !

That serial was not part of group 1, now it is

2 Likes