Hi there everyone, a release candidate for a new major release is here - v1.13.0-RC1 aka “for all MOD lovers out there”.
This release focuses on 2 main things - Separation of User and Factory content and toolchain updates.
Please note that this is a release candidate.
That means it might be stable, but needs widespread testing first to make sure.
If no issues are found in around 2-3 weeks we’ll release it as stable, otherwise we’ll do a RC2.
So, what’s new?
Separation of User and Factory content
In order to more easily differentiate between user-created pedalboards and those from the system (also called “factory pedalboards”), this update ships with pedalboards as part of the system contents.
Not just for a separation, this feature also allows us to easily ship updates of factory content to users.
This means future updates will not only bring features and updates, but also new pedalboards.
NOTE: This feature only applies to Dwarf units.
User and Factory pedalboard separation:
Similarly on the Banks view:
This is mostly useful for developers, specially those needing a C++17 compatible environment.
Starting with 1.13 the OS builds will use gcc9 with glibc2.38, allowing not only to build and run more recent codebases but also optimize them better.
This makes it possible to port plugins based on JUCE7 and also directly run some plugin builds done elsewhere (for example with a rust compiler).
Allow to privately share a pedalboard
A checkbox in the share dialog has been added, allowing to privately share a pedalboard.
Make sure to copy the link after sharing, as after you close the dialog you won’t see it again!
Add Bluetooth and WiFi firmware
MOD units will now ship with firmware for Bluetooth and WiFi drivers, so most Bluetooth and WiFi USB sticks can work out of the box without needing to manually place firmware files inside the unit’s system.
There’s also quite a few more changes and tweaks.
You can read the full changelog below.
Because this release is still under testing, for most users it won’t appear as an update in the web interface just yet.
You will have to manually download and apply the update file if you wish to try it out.
(Beta/Release testers, also known as ‘group 1’, receive this update as usual)
Here are the manual download links:
Duo X: https://download.moddevices.com/releases/testing/modduox-v188.8.131.5269.tar
The upgrade procedure is explained at the top of our releases page, here:
Here’s the full changelog:
- Add plugin-specific “aidadspmodel” file type
- Add Bluetooth and WiFi firmware
- Adjust UAC2 gadget name and buffering details
- Allow to privately share a pedalboard (new checkbox in share dialog)
- Allow “see discussion” button on plugin information dialogs
- Fix Duo name in Duo X and Dwarf zeroconf service names
- Fix pedalboard screenshot generation
- Fix trial watermark for systems without Arial font
- Speed up pedalboard listing
- Send “end” event to modguis just before deletion
- Update Duo and Dwarf kernel to 6.1.11
- Update base compiler and toolchain to gcc9 and glibc2.38
- NEW: Split factory and user pedalboards and banks
- Auto-delete banks.json and pedalboards in user data when they match factory content
- System-level tweaks to make CPU load more consistent
We hope you’re enjoying your MOD unit.
Let us know if you find any issues.