Release 1.12

Nothing changed for that still, so it is pure chance yes

1 Like

Thanks for all the hard work getting the update out. Finally picked up the gaffa and looperlative. Looking forward to the jams!

5 Likes

Thanks @falkTX and the rest of the MOD team for your hard work.

One curiosity:

Is it something that can be implemented for the Duo X or are there hardware constraints forbidding it?

Thanks again!

1 Like

More of a company refocus, which is now the Dwarf.
It is the hard reality, but future releases will be mostly for Dwarf.

2 Likes

I would like it if you do not completely neglect the DuoX and continue to provide him with bug fixes and - possibly slower - further development / porting of the Dwarf development.
It is a very flexible device, in Germany they say a Swiss army knife, thanks to faster CPU, more RAM, more storage space, the CV I/O, … compared to the Dwarf.
Personally, I think that the DuoX can be exactly the device to unite all worlds.

7 Likes

@khz,

It’s been stated before that the X will have bugfixes, but the above post is the 3rd time someone at MOD mentions that it will not see upgrades. I am as disheartened as you probably are now.

This current release goes against that stance, actually bringing upgrades in functionality to the X, in all fairness. Still, to read repeatedly that it will no longer be upgraded is not good news.

Let’s take this discussion to another thread as it doesn’t pertain to the 1.12 release itself.

(PS: I must add that a number of releases prior to Mod’s insolvency had been labeled “dwarf-centric”, to use the very expression employed in the release posts. It’s understandable given the fact that Dwarf was then their only available product and the then unbeknowst to us financial situation. Still, it was not good for X owners that most new developments would go to the Dwarf.)

2 Likes

I mean there wont be updates for new features.
Bugfixes of course will always come.

For 1.13 that comes with a new toolchain (needed for a few upcoming plugins), the Duo and Duo X get the same treatment, as otherwise they would miss out on the plugins.

6 Likes

@falkTX Are these timed popups that disappear on their own or does the user need to acknowledge the popup? If they are timed, I can think of a very good use for the feature.

3 Likes

How do you upgrade the system software to 1.12?

1 Like

This is explained at every release post:

So any Duo, Duo X and Dwarf should see the 1.12 as update just by opening the web gui.

3 Likes

Thanks for your reply, right after I sent that message I was able to upgrade my Software, I’ll go for a spin on it tonight when I have the chance!! falkTX, Happy Holidays!!

6 Likes

I updated, and was using my Mod Duo X. I went into the system menu to look at the IO options, but clicking on the IO Processing menu froze my unit. No signal was going into it, or being generated by it. The IO Processing menu is where the new compressors and stuff are located right?

Sorry, just re-tested, this is 100% reproducible if you have USB connected with the GUI in a browser window open. I unplugged USB and then was able to access this menu.

3 Likes

Same, the unit does not freeze though, only the controller (DSP and GUI continue to work fine, but you can’t do anything on the unit itself).

1 Like

These are Duo X production units… right? with a power switch on the back side of the unit?

2 Likes

Yes for mine.

1 Like

Yes for me as well.

1 Like

I’ve been trying to reproduce this, but so far no luck. So I have some questions:

1. Are you using any specific pedalboard or does this happen regarding of what pedalboard you are using?
  2. What OS are you using?
  3. What browser are you using?
  4. Are the IO Noisegate and Compressor turned on or off when the freeze happens?
  5. Any more information that might be useful for us to know :slight_smile:
3 Likes

I am on Mac OS 10.14.6
Using Chrome 108.0.5359.98 (x86_64)

The pedalboard was one of my own. This was the first time I went to the IO screen to see these new features, so I believe nothing was turned on, it was all whatever the default state is.

But if I am not connected via USB, I can access that screen and change the output level, etc.
So it’s not a huge issue of course.

1 Like

Can you reproduce this bug using different pedalboards as well? If not, can you share the pedalboard you were using?

1 Like

I tried reproducing this with a very simple pedalboard, and the issue did not happen.
I also tried this while the transport was engaged in play, but the issue did not happen.
I would have to go digging to find the version of the pedalboard for which this did happen.

2 Likes