Release 1.12.0-RC3

Dear Romain @Rom,

did you mount the dwarf filesystem like this told in the wiki:
File system is mounted read only. If you need to remount it in Read/write mode, do the following:
mount / -o remount,rw

Hope that helps, but someone more linux-proof might chime in here.

Greetings and God bless, Marius

2 Likes

Hi,

Check the Custom firmware deploy topic in:

https://wiki.moddevices.com/wiki/WiFi

1 Like

Oh thanks I got history now !
I can write when Iā€™m ssh in the Dwarf (I can copy files from inside with no problems) but canā€™t scp anything from my desktopā€¦ :cry:

@mj_prod and @fer, can you try scp anything through ssh to your MODdevices ?

1 Like

Thanks for the help @fer :slight_smile:

Are you sure that you are using the command correctly? What does the terminal reports you back?

1 Like

Did you see any error on my command ?
As you can see, the terminal reports 100% 100KB 7.6MB/S 00:00, seams good isnā€™t it ?

1 Like

Ah sorry, didnā€™t notice that part in the screenshot.
I remember having a similar issue, but honestly, I canā€™t remember how I solved it.
Have you tried to reboot the device after copying the files and then checking again the folder?
Or perhaps using a different computer?

2 Likes

No problem !
Iā€™ve tried both (reboot the dwarf, connect with my desktop and laptop, both on kubuntu) with no success. Is it a problem just for me ? Did any of you tried ?
(If Iā€™m the only one facing this I may try to find the problem in private with the support instead of the RC3 thread)

Hi @Rom just as a test, I created a /data/firmware folder (it doesnā€™t exist by default) on my Dwarf (running 1.11.6 2909). I copied some random file over and rebooted the dwarf. When I reconnected to the Dwarf after reboot, the firmware directory was still there, and so was the file I transferred. It sounds like there might be something up with the RC. Note that I didnā€™t have to remount the filesystem as read-write for this to work.

2 Likes

Oh thanks for the test !!!
Iā€™ll try downgrading to 1.11 tomorrow

2 Likes

Hi,
Iā€™ve taken the time to try downgrading to 1.11.6 2909 :

• I now can nano the .json files
  • still no way to scp from any computer
    When you ssh youā€™re supposed to see only data and keys folders ? Arenā€™t we supposed to see everything ? (the USB stick for example)
  • I recover the bluetooth
3 Likes

Iā€™m not sure if you are supposed to see the USB stick. Do you mean one connected to the Dwarf?
Maybe @falkTX knows what is happening when you try to scp

2 Likes

Hello guys!

Is the pedalboard blocks feature coming in the 1.12 Release?

1 Like

It is not. The RC3 in this topic has all the features you can expect.

4 Likes

Anybody with this package here to share?

2 Likes

Here :

The v1.11.5.2860 is the reset version
The v1.11.6.2909 is the stable one
The v1.12.0.2934-RC3 is the last release

8 Likes

Is there same (1.12rc3 and latest release 1.11.6 for rollback) for MDX? Thank you in advance.

I had not updated to 1.12rc3, as I was waiting for the release version, but seems like it does not make sense anymore, and I need HMI update for looperlative hmi led feedbackā€¦

1 Like

Thanks a lot @Rom !

@redcloud Take a look!

3 Likes

There Sharing firmware releases now that the server is down we can archive all versions.
There is already the 1.11.6 MDX.

3 Likes

Hi,
Iā€™ve the same problem (still on RC3) with a wifi dongle that Iā€™ve just bought (Linksys AE6000, works out of the box with kubuntu)

Iā€™ve uploaded the firmware of the dongle (mt7610u.bin) from the last linux kernel firmware with no success.

Although, still no Bluetooth

1 Like