Release 1.11.3

@Elk_wrath, you’re right.

I’m connected via USB to my laptop. It seems that every other release has failed for me. I’ve contacted MOD Support but they didn’t respond. The download meter finishes & I get the message to begin installation of the upload but…nothing. It hangs on this screen (see image).

Also, I seem to have more success updating from my desktop (AMD Ryzen 3600X processor) than from my laptop (Intel processor - Core i5, 4th gen). Might be something to look into?

What browser are you using? I know safari is safe, and I think it’s either Firefox or Chrome that is stable

Have you attempted downloading the update file and flashing to the device directly?

I believe I had an instance where I needed to download the update file, load it onto the dwarf, and then update from the device itself.

Also, I wasn’t able to see a photo on your post :confused:

2 Likes

I’m using Opera. I think I’ve used MS Edge in the past - I can’t remember if I tried it.

How would I download the update file as a standalone file?

Sorry about the pic - it’s there now.

Surprisingly, I was unable to find a download link for this firmware on the wiki, just the description. You may need to DM for an image.

I would try a new browser first, as the weekends are down time the team usually. I’m fairly certain that edge works just fine, I usenit on my laptop and have updated my dwarf with it before.

Yeah, I’m trying Chrome right now. Seems to be hanging up like usual. I’m going to take it to my desktop computer & see what happens.

1 Like

It can take up to 15 minutes on those updates, it’s not standard for sure.

My updates (when successful) have only been a minute or 2.

I’m on my desktop computer now. Waiting to see what happens.

Same result - I’m going to leave it for now. Got to go out with my wife. :slight_smile:

I’m back - still hung up.

It’s weekend. Logical reason that the support has not contacted you yet.
Can you otherwise connect the Dwarf normally with the WebGUI?

BTW: I use the desktop (sometimes MS-Surface 3 Tablet), Win10 and Edge.

I see it here, first row is 1.11, link in the right column for 1.11.3: Releases - MOD Wiki

Direct link for Dwarf only: Download

My browser (Firefox 98) gives a ‘potential security risk’ warning message because it is downloading via http instead of https. I have to manually override that for it to download. This may (or may not) be part of the problem you are having, not sure.

2 Likes

I think this is a case where we don’t know exactly the best approach to take here.
It seems like the restore mode is broken and the unit can’t boot into it, so a full reflash might be needed. We still need to document this, it is the first time I know that we need such step so we have not had the need for it before.

Just to confirm something here, to make sure it is possible to reflash: hold down the knob 3 and the button below it for 5 seconds while powering on the Dwarf. The display should then say “Maskrom mode active”.
Is this the case for you? If so, we can then proceed to the next step for reflashing the unit.

4 Likes

@falkTX
Do you think this update could solve the issue I have when using 3 Mod footswitch?

When have you contacted us? I’m just checking if something went wrong or simply I still didn’t reach your ticket.

1 Like

The last time this happened, about a month ago.

1 Like

@falkTX I’ll try to see if I can boot into reflash mode. I’m away from the device; I’ll post when I get to it.

1 Like

Okay, @falkTX - I am able to boot into reflash mode. What next?

I think Troubleshooting Reinstall - MOD Wiki ?

Yes! I meant to ask you about testing it, but with some many messages and users on the forum I was not remembering your name :slightly_frowning_face:

For sure please give it a try, we did some tests with 4 control chain footswitches connected at once and they were working.

The remaining issue is that order of the 1st, 2nd, etc footswitches is random during boot. We started some new code to handle this, where you will be able to set a “device order index”, but it is not part of 1.11.3 or the upcoming 1.12. But will be done together with the expression pedal firmware.

4 Likes

Since we need to reflash, backup your data to a usb stick (can be done in the webgui advanced settings)

Next steps depend on the OS you are using, we have a few different options of tools to use.
But let’s not sidetrack the release discussion, please send a direct message to me and we continue conversation in private there.

2 Likes