Release 1.10.0-RC3

Hello all. This is yet another bug-fix for the previous 1.10 release candidate.

It is all about bug-fixes this time.
Everyone that has 1.10-RC1 or RC2 build installed, please update as soon as possible.
Those who are in “group 1” testers group will get this upgrade in their mod-ui notification panel.

Please refer to the RC1 topic to read the changes made in 1.10:

Here’s the changelog for RC3:

• Fix controller message handling in Duo X Limited Edition units
  • Fix loading preset addressing if current preset has been deleted
  • Fix loading snapshots with an invalid plugin preset
  • Fix toggle-style parameter clicks for touch events
  • Fix parameter changes feedback loop (as seen with notes.lv2)
  • Fix unicode usage in file manager
  • Remove iOS workaround (for preventing horizontal scrolling, v1.10 regression)

Here are the manual download links:
Duo: http://download.moddevices.com/releases/testing/modduo-v1.10.0.2116-RC3.tar
Duo X: http://download.moddevices.com/releases/testing/modduox-v1.10.0.2117-RC3.tar

The upgrade procedure is explained at the top of our releases page, here:
http://wiki.moddevices.com/wiki/Releases

We hope you’re enjoying your MOD Duo and/or MOD Duo X.
Let us know if you find any issues.

4 Likes

Nothing about support for two control chain footswitches? Should I sell one ? Or will it be fixed this year?

We are investigating this right now.
There is a chance that this is something to fix on the footswitch firmware, so we are not delaying new releases (like v1.10) because of it.

Some of the fixes on this RC3 come directly from testing the pedalboard you shared. I could not see any issues regarding leds mismatching state after using pedalboard snapshots though.

2 Likes

No issue with led bisides they doesn’t update when loading a snapshot, but it happen with two control chain.
There is always that the Mod team have done a good job. I hope you’ll find a solution for multiple control chain support and fixe this issue. :pray:
I have an idea how to use my second footwitch…a other Mod devices :crazy_face: :joy:

1 Like

Hi, ive tested it with my limited edition, after 20min it freezes. like on the RC2

Hi everyone,

just as a small note:
I updated my 2nd Edition Kickstarter ModDuo today from RC1 to RC3 and got an
“Invalid File” error several times. After unplugging the WLAN stick it went through.
Maybe thats helpfull if someone faces similar problems.

My guess here would be that the wlan usb stick you use is one of those that initially appear as a cdrom/flash-drive with windows drivers, which automatically changes to a wifi card once those are installed.

On the MOD restore/upgrade mode we allow the usage of usb sticks for updates (in case connecting to a PC is not possible, very handy for factory installs).
Since we do not enable WiFi drivers on the restore/upgrade mode, the wlan usb stick keeps being in this usb flash/cdrom mode of his, thus activating the MOD usb installation, but always failing.

@jon this is something worth including on the manual update steps of our documentation.

4 Likes

This must be some other issue that I was not able to reproduce.
Can you describe your setup? what system you connect to unit to, other devices connected to it, etc.
You can PM me if you prefer to not post in public.

1 Like

Just updated. No significant events, everything works as expected.