Recorder

Good idea ! Actually, the same would be useful with EQ. Depending on what you use as an output (amp, PA, FRFR, headphones), you might want to EQ your output differently.

4 Likes

Trying to solve that right now by an additional eq plugin assigned to buttons.

I was thinking of such a thing independant from your pedalboard. Like the general output volume or headphone output volume.

Otherwise, a plugin that can host a full pedalboard inside a pedalboard would be nice too… Imagine a MOD Dwarf plugin (like a “virtual” dwarf inside your pedalboard !!!)

5 Likes

This is something only could be done by the MOD team, (@falkTX )
I think that would be cool with USB auto mount support, so that recordings goes to a USB stick instead to the MOD. I could implement the needed feature for that in the recorders (when needed) but therefore the MOD OS must support that.

8 Likes

Just stumbled on these and did a test recording, these are so awesome, thanks!!

I was wondering if there was any limit recarding filesize? is it possible to record like 2h jams?

This is pretty dope, but I love to do multi layered performances with live input, several loop layers fx. So I wouldnt mind an 8 Track version, if that isn’t too complicated.

1 Like

The limit is given by the max file size which leads to a max record time of around 12h. But even if you reach that limit, the recorder will just open a new file and continue recording. So, the recorders wont have a issue recording 24h a day. :joy:

It isn’t complicated at all. The source code to record multi channel files is already in place so it’s just a matter of given a number. Just the UI side will be a bit complicated, showing the 8 inputs in a line will stretch the UI to a panel.

1 Like

Hey been recording with this and I love it! I have a rme ucx Mk2 that is capable of to usb stick recording. But that setup with the soundcard is just so big. I love that I can take the mod to a lake, start jamming, hit record and capture those beautiful creative moments!

Oh that’s fantastic! I noticed Mod has like a storage of 6gb. When that one’s full, you can’t save pedalboards anymore and mod becomes glitchy af :crazy_face:
So I’ll just have to remind myself to clean it out from time to time.

Hmmm yeah it would just be very big and chunky. But really a game changer imho. Also for people that run several synths, samples fx etc. I really love to record things in multitrack and then clean/edit things in the DAW for production.

6 Likes

That’s great, I’m going to try using my Dwarf as a tape recorder coming off the mixer for our band’s gig tonight.

3 Likes

keep some margin in your levels as buffer. It’s easier to amp a quiet signal a bit than to deal with clipping.
Since I have the Dwarf, my audio interface sees little use.

Yet again, audio-interface capabilities on the Dwarf would sweeten the deal even more ! :smiley:

4 Likes

Clipping in the recorders will only be a issue when you record a signal passing the ADC/DAC, so for example from a external mixer. Then, anyway the MOD input LED’s will light up red. As long you record internal on the MOD, that wont be a issue. You could normalize, or reduce gain afterwards as well. That’s why the recorders didn’t support the flac format as with flac, a clipped signal is lost, while wav and ogg allow to record above the ADC/DAC limit and adjust the signal level later on. Still, the recorders have a clipping indicator as well and it is a good idea to keep enough headroom.
@unbracketed hope your session went well and your records been fine.

Keep in mind to remove your records from time to time from the MOD to keep enough space on it.

3 Likes