Publishing plugins

Hi all - I’ve had my Dwarf for about 5 days now and I’ve started using the SDK to convert some open source LV2 plugins I like that I can’t seem to find in the store. I’m still in the testing phase (trying to figure it all out), but I was wondering, is it possible for me to share these converted plugins with the community? To put them in the store (for free, of course).

2 Likes

That will be MOD Labs once ready, but I would not expect it this year.
Add the build stuff to mod-plugin-builder will be a great initial step.

We have started a criteria on QC for plugins going to the official store, see Plugin Criteria - MOD Wiki
(page still very much WIP, if that was not obvious)

2 Likes

Great! Thank you. So one of the plugins I’m working with is the lv2 version of the OB-Xd (Oberheim OB-Xa clone). I noticed that most of the plugins use a standard pedal-type gui, but the TAL NoiseMaker has it’s own, more full featured gui. Is there a way for me to build something that myself using the SDK? Or is it too early.

1 Like

SDK cant build those, we hand craft them ourselves.
I recently made a modgui version of the abgate desktop ui, see mod-lv2-data/plugins/abGate.lv2/modgui at abgate-modgui · moddevices/mod-lv2-data · GitHub</titl
that is one of the simplest custom guis we can have.

but it is a bit too small compared to all other modguis, so we are not going to use it.
still serves as a reference for new modguis though.

2 Likes

ok great. Thanks again. So the SDK references the gui spec, but the link appears to be dead. Is there an updated link? https://moddevices.com/ns/modgui

yeah website was redone and old links gone.
use MOD GUI for now

1 Like