Plugin request: automatic feedback elimination

Hi,

I’m new to the forum and consider buying a MOD Duo. Browsing the plugin gallery I found quite a lot of useful stuff for trimming down my extended rig to only a MOD Duo.

Only thing I am missing is a plugin for automatic feedback elimination (aka anti feedback or feedback destroyer). As a VST plugin there is “Elly Minator” (formerly known as “Howly Shit” for example. But does anybody know, if such a plugin exists in the LV2 world? Or would be able to build one?

Background: I play electric bass and acoustic upright bass in a big band in an acoustic soul combo. For the electric I use some compression, and for solos chorus and/or reverb. The acoustic upright is a bit more complicated. Here I mainly use a low cut filter, slight compression and parametric eq. Depending on the venue and the volume level feedback problems sometimes get massive; as a last rescue on that occasions I use the anti-feedback feature of a Zoom A3 or a Behringer Shark - which both certainly degrade the sound of the bass, but help to keep things going smooth.

With it’s two inputs the MOD Duo seems to be ideal to run both instruments through one box and set up suitable pedalboards for each. So it seems I could trim down my zoo of boxes and save some carrying effort :wink:

Thanks for any input.
Frank

2 Likes

i found this:

could not find the source, but maybe its in there…

Nice find, thanks.
But unfortunately they only have it as a feature request on their todo-list and no info about estimated implementation date.

I just got my MOD DUO today, and have spent all afternoon and evening with it. I’ve made some killer tones. But every time I get into a high gain distortion effect the screeching, the crackling… all the feedback noise… it’s just unbelievable. I’ve owned 3 different guitar multi-effects pedals and I’ve never experienced feedback noise like this. I’ve been through all of the amp and cabinet emulators, all of the distortion effects, I’ve dried dozens of combinations and I can’t get rid of the incessant high pitched feedback. Super disappointing.

I’ve had a number of not-so-great issues with this. I really want to like it, but I don’t have time to mess around and wait for updates or improvements.

It’s with regret, I’m going to have to return it.

:frowning:

Hi @jcweatherby, sorry to hear that you are having a bad experience with your Duo.

Can I ask you to try one thing? There is an update available that we know addresses some issues with noises that might be related to what you are describing.

Unfortunately this upgrade has to be done manually, because this is a transitory version and had some backwards compatibility issues (that will not be a problem in your case).

Anyways, we hope to release version 1.8 next week, and there will be an automatic update for this one. Much easier (just click ‘upgrade’ in the web interface).

If you want to give it a try right now, you need to upgrade to version 1.7.4. You can download the software here: http://download.moddevices.com/releases/testing/modduo-v1.7.4.854.tar

Instructions on how to do the Manual Upgrade are here: https://wiki.moddevices.com/wiki/Releases#Manual_update

Please let us know if you try that and have any troubles.

2 Likes