Plugin development

Continuing the discussion from Hi! Come Introduce Yourself!:

Thanks, @acunha.

To summarise here, mod-plugin-builder fails:

github . com/moddevices/mod-plugin-builder/blob/master/plugins-dep/package/libmodla/libmodla.mk is specifying a URL that doesn’t exist (web1 . moddevices . com/shared/libmodla-v1.2.3-aarch64-a53.tar.gz) and the build process fails. (Had to edit the URLs so they’d post - add http and remove spaces).

Also, earlier in the build process, there was a problem with https:// bitbucket . org/eigen/eigen requiring authentication… I had to register an account on bitbucket so I could continue.

@falkTX we shouldn’t be requiring developers to register in bitbucket in order to use the plugin builder. I couldn’t find anything about that, do you know where this requirement comes from?

@zappso the issue has been fixed. Try pulling the latest master branch.

Many thanks for your swift response!

Have pulled latest master again. Rebuilding now, will leave it overnight. I’m logging the output of bootstrap.sh with tee, so I should have considerable logs I can send if I run into the bitbucket problem again.

Ok, I’ll try to build this myself too cause I want to find out why the bitbucket account is being required. It shouldn’t be.

I just finished building using the Dockerfile included in the repo and it works like a charm :slight_smile:

1 Like

I can confirm the Linux build completed without issues. There was no prompt for bitbucket this time, either.

2 Likes

Sorry for hijacking this post but doesn’t seem like I’m allowed to make a post as I’m a new poster.
For the last few days I am trying to get a development env going but it seems like i am unable to and hopefully anyone here will be able to help.
I’m on Linux 20.04 but even building the docker container(s) run into trouble.
While running mod-plugin-builder bootstrap with moddwarf as target I run in to the following error while it’s working on attr 2.4.47.
It closes out of the bootstrap script with the following:

checking whether the C compiler works... no
configure: error: in `/home/job/mod-workdir/moddwarf/build/attr-2.4.47':
configure: error: C compiler cannot create executables
See `config.log' for more details
make[1]: *** [package/pkg-generic.mk:188: /home/job/mod-workdir/moddwarf/build/attr-2.4.47/.stamp_configured] Error 77
make: *** [Makefile:36: _all] Error 2

Config.log:

conftest.c:1:0: error: unknown value 'cortex-a35' for -mcpu
 /* confdefs.h */
 ^
conftest.c:1:0: error: unknown value 'cortex-a35' for -mtune
configure:2726: $? = 1
configure:2764: result: no
configure: failed program was:
| /* confdefs.h */
| #define PACKAGE_NAME ""
| #define PACKAGE_TARNAME ""
| #define PACKAGE_VERSION ""
| #define PACKAGE_STRING ""
| #define PACKAGE_BUGREPORT ""
| #define PACKAGE_URL ""
| /* end confdefs.h.  */
| 
| int
| main ()
| {
| 
|   ;
|   return 0;
| }
configure:2769: error: in `/home/job/mod-workdir/moddwarf/build/attr-2.4.47':
configure:2771: error: C compiler cannot create executables
See `config.log' for more details

This happens both locally and while building the docker container with included Dockerfile.
I can speculate what is happening but honestly I’m not familiar enough to really say what’s up. So I’m here hoping that someone can help me out. Has anyone successfully been able to build the current version of mod-plugin-builder for the dwarf and is there something I can do to get this working after all?
Let me know if you need more information.

PS. Was able to build ModSdk locally but while building the docker container it runs into problem installing phantomJs, forgot the exact phrasing because I can get that one running locally but perhaps something worth looking at.

In case anyone was reading:
Seems like the last push on github has resolved the build issue for mod-plugin-builder. Thanks whoever is working hard in the background. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Looks like that was @falkTX . Good to know it’s working :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I ran into an issue with PhantomJS while building modsdk - have logged an issue (and workaround): https://github.com/moddevices/mod-sdk/issues/25

1 Like