Performance Page screen?

When I’m performing I don’t really need to see the parameters of my settings, but instead, it will be more useful for me to be able to check on if a pedal is on or off, or if a switcher is in channel A or B at 1 glance.

Currently to see that, I will have to page to the corresponding page using button A. if I’m using a midi controller, there is simply no way for me to verify the current pedal/switcher state on the unit itself.

A “Performance” Page where maybe we can have a 6x2 blocks (or whichever number config that make sense), that we can assign to display the state of pedal or switcher at 1 glance, to me, will be very helpful.

9 Likes

Can you send a screenshot or picture of what exact screen do you mean? On the Control Mode?

This is a quick mock up I did

It can be either a page of the Control mode, or a separate mode altogether (Perform mode maybe?)

Currently at Control Mode, we can only see the status of the 2 Controls. To see the rest, we will have to scroll to the other pages. My idea here is so that we can see all the status we need to see in 1 page.

The footswitches can be the same as how they work in Control mode.

Maybe enter into the mode from Control mode by pressing 2 of the soft buttons? Or a dedicated midi CC# to enter/exit the mode? This will be great for people working with midi pedals like myself I believe.

On this note, why not also have dedicated/reserved CC# to control some of the functions too? Like to replicate the TAP function in the Tool mode, or enter/exit Tuner page?

Just thinking out loud here.

8 Likes

Also will be nice if the status display is not limited to those assigned to physical buttons, but also CV or midi commands too.

In this way I can see the state of the pedal that I control using external midi device, which is pretty much impossible now I believe unless from the web GUI.

4 Likes

I personally quite enjoy your ideas. I mapped them on our requests.
Yet, let me tell you that even if we go for it, it will require quite some development, I believe.

1 Like