Oregon All-Star Show + Boundless Joy shows

Hey fellas!

It’s been a while since I’ve posted to check in.

I’ve been using my MDX a lot recently, and have been on tour with Boundless Joy around the PNW. We just returned to Oregon, and I figured I’d post about some upcoming shows if you’re in the area.

Wednesday I am headed down to the Eugene area to help Ivan with his drum clinic and rehearsal with Stu Hamm (Steve Vai Band), Chris Poland (Megadeth), and Bumblefoot (Guns N’ Roses) for their show in Creswell on Thursday at 7PM. Event is called “Guitars Under the Stars” (www.guitarsunderthestars.com)

Friday night Boundless Joy resumes the last stretch of the tour at the same event.

We finish up in Portland closing out the night at the Hawthorne hideaway. Our Set starts at 11pm.

Would be cool to meet anyone who is in the area!

I hope all is well with you, and yours!
-J

7 Likes

A different continent I’m afraid but good luck with those events @Elk_wrath!
Looks like you’re part of some kind of power team there :smiley: impressive and…a bit intimidation maybe? In the good sense of course.

Cool thing to share a gig location of course!
People here certainly are allowed to do that more if you ask me :wink:

2 Likes

Hey Lieven!

Great to see you here!

Yeah…weirdly enough I ended up working for Ivan De Prume as a studio tech. Just happened to be they (Ivan’s bandmates) wanted a techie on the road with them, so I popped in. The band is going to teach me how to play guitar/keys but I’m hoping that’s not something that puts me on stage any time soon lmao. I don’t really mind meeting the bigger artists, I focus on support duties rather than hard part :slight_smile:

Figured I’d share this seeing as this Jam is Guitarist heavy, there are several artists I didn’t mention that are playing up there too.

Next month is busy for me, as I have 3 sound designing gigs lined up for upcoming/early release synths through October and beyond, but I’m starting to at least make money from these ventures. I have been making a lot of connections with bigger brands over this last year and things are coming together pretty quickly.

MOD is still a special place for me, as this is where I first shared anything. My sound is much more defined, but I wouldn’t say my “music” is any better lmao. That’ll change here soon, all of the band members from Boundless Joy teach music at an academy up north of me, so I will be in good hands. Who knows, might even see me on stage with them from time to time… I much prefer just being a sound designer and tech tho haha

3 Likes

We’d make a great team as I enjoy the “being on stage” part most of all :smiley:

3 Likes

It could always change haha. I’m a synth oriented person, and that’s a bit hard to integrate with a hard rock/stoner sludge groove band lol.

Although, I have a Tasty Chips GR MEGA on order, and that would be a perfect instrument to live sample any of the bands instruments in the outro and allow me to create a brutal transition between songs while they retune for the next track. Might be able to record them some transitional samples/loops, or even just hand play it. Hmmmm…

3 Likes

Bumblefoot has an amazing guitar. Ill have some shots for yall later

4 Likes

Yeah he’s known for some wack designs. At least, that’s the first thing I think of when hearing his name!

2 Likes