On the Dwarf fence, concerned about I/O

Thanks for the corrrection!

Considering it would involve costs + person hours to arrange such things (and really there isn’t a single company that works this way) I don’t see the feasibility.

What you can do is load up a USB drive with the whole OS and try it on any computer. Which I think is a much more suitable “try-before-you-buy” proposition.

5 Likes

I found the demo gui sandbox app really useful for getting a rough idea of whats available.

One improvement would be to enable users to upload audio samples to loop, being able to experiment with a loop of my own bass/guitar would be super useful.

1 Like

I am unsure of how the demo sandbox works, but there is definitely a free audio player, a recorder, and even midi file player plugins available to use on MOD devices.

There are also a few loopers available you can record loops with and experiment from there. Maybe one of the looper plugins might get you jamming quicker

1 Like

Am i wrong or there is an iso somewhere to run the mod system on an PC?

1 Like

I was specifically referring to this - try.mod.audio

Lots of fun to get a feel for the ecosystem and how intuitive it is, being able to loop a clean recording of my bass or even record with my analog drives to feed in and have a play would be awesome.

1 Like

Ya know…

I have been using MOD devices for the last couple of years, and not once have I ever tried this link out. I’m gonna take a peek in there and see what is offered.

And yes, @Zavorra, I believe the package is called “MODEP” and can be installed on a usb device and ran. It does lack features when compared to the package running on the pedals iirc

1 Like

They have a looper available on there :slight_smile:

That comes in both Mono and Stereo. You may need to scroll through plugins at the bottom of the gui to find what you are looking for

Yes! this is what @dreamer is referring to.

I was actually referring to this

2 Likes

Ah, its been a while. Back when I joined there was a repo run by Blokas. Seems that Falk has a different one now.

It does not work @Azza

as @dreamer pointed out, the costs to arrange such a thing make it not feasible. I surely thought about it :slight_smile:

4 Likes

It’s getting a little more convoluted but I’ve had a lot of time to think while in a monetary limbo waiting till i can grab a Dwarf.

The latency thing was bugging me a little in how it would always be present, I’m good at dealing with it but we have a few fast sections in our songs and I think it’d make it really tricky to get it sounding tight.

My thought was, if I’m using the Dwarf with an fx loop could I get a couple of cheap loop bypass pedals (Amazon.co.uk) to bypass the dwarf portions of the signal path when not in use.

I’ve marked with a cross where I’d place them:
IMG_6230