NOIIISSSSE - Again

If you purchased your Dwarf from a retail store then your contract is with that store, no other company.

I would contact Thomann, you could cut and paste all your ramblings from here into an email to them.

8 Likes

Amen… and you spent a lot of time in that thread… Did you calculate your costs? Time is money. You could buy 10 power supplies for this effort.

9 Likes

I believe you’ve answered your own question here.

I was going to post this reply yesterday, but you’ve since managed to dig yourself an even deeper hole. Now you’ve admitted that you bought the unit from a retailer. So despite MOD offering you viable solutions even though it’s not their contract, and despite several people including MOD staff trying to help you resolve your problem, here you are continuing to antagonize the community. Your entitlement is on full public display.

There’s a lot that could be unpacked here about your approach to business relationships. However, you’ve likely severely misjudged people’s reasons for being a part of this community. You’re making a lot of assumptions about forum members and their motivations, including for those of us who are trying to help someone presenting themselves as ungrateful and entitled.

I honestly feel sorry for you that you can’t handle this on your own (“man up” as they say). If you’re comfortable sharing your mailing address or an online payment profile, I’ll order you a replacement supply or send you the $10.

8 Likes

@lambrosgg,

Since you seem to like BOLD characters, here it goes in all bold splendour: you don’t want to solve your problem. You just want to rant, whine, moan and groan.

You talk about the a company “doing the right thing”, yet when the company – which, in your words, doesn’t care about you like all others – tries to solve your problem, it’s not good enough, it’s not the right thing, it’s not the real value, it’s not a fair compensation, should have been done ages ago and yadda yadda yadda.

Then you lecture us all here on ethics, but when you posted your endless whining you omitted some of the explanations offered to you. You complain about the fact that you had to file a claim as if there’s a car insurance pile of forms to fill out. It’s just an email exchange with support. And plenty of options for compensation. But that’s not even the “bare minimum” for you. You write a dissertation on ethical behaviour, as if civility, reasonableness, cordiality were unimportant parts of the ethos of a civilised society. (It’s a Greek word and concept after all, isn’t that so?)

Yet, for every offer of help from us your reaction was anger and incivility, and every offer of help and refund is deemed “unethical”, every company is a money making machine that only puts out “nice gestures” to make even more money, and the noise on your system is a major cataclysmic event that all powers that be should rush to solve. Not in the way they can or when they can, but in your own “ethical” time frame. Not with our technical advice or previous knowledge, but only if we accept the fact that Mod is unethical, period. Two weeks is a horribly long time, someone at Mod should stop working this minute and rush to the courier to ship a new power supply to you overnight, because you are this sanctified entity – the customer!!! – who needs to be utterly cared for after spending the atrociously high amount of 400 Euros. After being confronted with the fact that most companies do not do what you are demanding, your reaction is to double-down on your petty demands and further offend people.

There is no solution good enough for you. Not full refund, not store credit, not a brand new power supply unless it’s in your mailbox within 10 minutes. You even have @unbracketed here offering a new power supply to you. You have @kim trying to ease your mind. You have @AndyCap telling you that, a purchase from Thomann has to be solved through them.

But, that’s not enough for you. You need MOD to bow to you and assume they’re an evil corporation who dares to charge 400+ Euros for a product that has a defective power supply. Even if they don’t even ask a question and just go ahead and refund, give credit, or replace PSUs. (A horrible and financially damaging policy, if I may say so.) They don’t even try to find out if it was the user who screwed their PSU, they just go ahead and, assuming it’s part of a questionable batch, do what they can to accommodate the customer.

But that’s not the bare minimum for you.

(There is but one company in the planet that I know for a fact that does that: Bentley. Home of the single most overpriced car in the world. Don’t ask me how I know this.)

Therefore, you’re not looking for support, technical help, refund whatsoever. You’re looking to have your superior ethical code fully accepted by all of us and your endless whining justified.

Well, welcome to the real world!!

In the real world, companies go bankrupt and all of a sudden you have a product that no longer has support – like my $1200 Blue Chip Axon. The company just shut down. End, finito, kaput! In the real world, things fail, like the poorly-designed engine pilons on the Electras, the cargo doors on DC-10s, and the pitot tubes and MCAS software on the 737 Max, just to name a few. As a result, a lot of people died. They shouldn’t fail, but they fail. In the real world, some companies try to right their wrongs (not all, like Ford), offering recalls and other compensations.

Even a full recall, however, obligates you to schedule a maintenance, take your car to the dealer, wait some or a lot of time, and the fuel cost is on you. In your “ethical” view of the world, Toyota should call you the exact moment (to use your words), apologise profusely, bring the mechanics to your house and fix you car right there within the next 24 hours so as to prove they care. How cutely ethical!!

Have you ever seen one of these in the real world? No, because they don’t exist.

That’s because, in the real world, adults solve their problems with tact, civility, dialogue. Businesses find a cost-effective way to solve customers’ problems. There are technical, legal, and financial hurdles to every single thing.

No, @jon cannot simply go out and ship your power supply. It’s a business, so to get the accounting right, it must be shipped through a business account, the business credit card and so on. And he or anyone else in the staff cannot rush to the mail because you paid 400+ Euro in your product. A lot of people here paid more than you, by the way.

The only obvious thing here is that you don’t know what you’re talking about. In English or in Greek, “absolutely zero” and “practically noiseless” are not the same thing. But you’re a “techy” person, who managed to uncover the hidden forum thread that reveals the evil corporate misdoings of Mod Devices – upon searching on Google.

More on your superior knowledge of the world can be seen here:

But how do you philosophically reconcile the above with this one below?

Therefore your “ethics” = fake nice gestures aimed at profits and fooling us, as per your reasoning. (Note the use of ‘trust’ and ‘sales’ in both sentences.)

So, I’m again quoting yourself and using your beloved bolds:

In conclusion: your reasoning doesn’t even make the bare minimum sense. You want MOD and us all to abide by your superior “ethics” while you act like a wimpy child.

Now I’m quoting @unbracketed:

and do yourself a favour: accept his kind offer here or a new PSU from Mod, go out in the world and learn something.

Or else, sell your Mod, add another 200 Euro and get yourself a Helix Stomp. You can only use 6 effects at any given time, but – hey!!! – it comes from Yamaha, the very company that waited for nearly 300 accident reports come in before they recalled their golf carts.

PS: sorry @Kim for not following your advice.

7 Likes

I have two companies and I’m really glad I don’t have to do business with you. Your view of business is really extremely miserable and simplified. And, to be frank, you have no idea about business.

You bought the Dwarf from Thomann, so you also signed the purchase contract with warranty with Thomann. So if something is wrong, the warranty applies, and that lies with Thomann. You currently have no contract with Mod, it’s as simple as that. So complain to Thomann.

6 Likes

THANK YOU! The MOD community is very grateful for that!

5 Likes

Thank You! Please KEEP OUT!

2 Likes

Kiss my a… what an idiot! I hope the audience noticed that he wants us to share his wisdom, the infallible. Sorry, but here I can only become sarcastic.

You idiot automatically signed a contract with Thomann, just by buying something there. Have you ever heard of a warranty? Tomorrow 38 people write in here that they bought something defective from Mod. Do you think that then Mod 38 times sends a replacement, although Mod does not even know if you even own the device? How old are you actually? 14? 16? I hope you have fun experiencing the next 70 years. You can still fit a lot in there.

Can we just chill out here? @lambrosgg, it’s OK to have high expectations but there’s really no need to spit so much venom when you don’t get exactly what you want all the time. There’s a time where you need to either accept that maybe you’re the one being unreasonable or if that’s not something you’re willing to work towards, just move on.

For the rest of us, let’s not fight fire with fire here. For the most part this is a really friendly forum and I’d personally like to keep it that way.

Edit: I guess I should @palamosteliaro too since that seems to be your new screen name.

4 Likes

You understand these phrase contradicts it self, right? You have have a dwarf because it was backed on kickstarted/indiego and called 1200 or so forum members idiots.

1 Like

Don´t bother answering @danielblues!

The only idiot here is the one that was supposed to be out and came back here because he probably get off annoying people.

I have closed the topic for now as discussions got too heated.

10 Likes