New for testing: The Cloud

Hi,

here’s another granular delay plugin which makes some different sounds to others (thinking of DaveM’s excellent Grain Delay).

It’s been a learning experience! It was working a year ago but I got stuck trying to do a makefile in the hope it could eventually go in the beta store. I came back to it recently and took a couple of weeks finding my way to the same point (stuck)! It’s generated from Pure Data, using hvcc. The exercise of modifying the GUI from mod-sdk was educational… hopefully make a more interesting one next time…

Anyway, here it is if anyone would like to try it, and any suggestions for improvements are welcome.

It looks like this:
thumbnail-thecloud

21 Likes

Did you build it for the duo x or the dwarf?

1 Like

For the Dwarf, so far. Forgot to mention that, sorry.

Sorry, got only an duo X here. I wonder why only mono in? I guess I can just stack two if I have a stereo in signal and then mix the outputs again…

2 Likes

@flump trying to advance things in regards to pushing things to beta.

I have create an initial mk file for mod-plugin-builder

We are still figuring out the best way to deal with having hvcc as dependency, but things are moving.

By the way there are some small issues with the modgui, the background image has some unused/transparent border, and the border-radius doesnt match the background radius making the shadow non-matching. Easy to see when the bottom-right corner goes on top of another image, like so:

2 Likes

Thanks for the mk file, I appreciate the help.

Will it work the way it is at the moment?

I’ve fixed the box outline. Are there any other steps I could take at this stage?

It splatters the mono signal into a stereo cloud. It would mess up your stereo signal, if it did have two inputs! Maybe that would be good. Worth a try, stacking two for a test. I’ll see about compiling for a Duo X… (need a bit of spare time)

1 Like

no, I mostly wanted to let you know there is progress happening.
lack of communication was an issue with the MOD side in the past, so now trying to get a little bit of news going every week.

the main blocker here is the need to update the base OS on the cloud builders. I already did some local builds to ensure it works, now it is just the cleaning up and merging things then a full rebuild.
this unblocks having hvcc based plugins as well as rust nightly toolchain, needed for the rest of the DM ones.
hopefully working next week already

yes, there are 2 patches in mod-plugin-builder/plugins/package/sensorium-plugins at master · mod-audio/mod-plugin-builder · GitHub
would be nice if you could merge them in your repo.

1 Like

plugin has been pushed to beta!

by the way, I noticed the screenshot has opaque background.
for generating proper background with transparency you can use GitHub - mod-audio/mod-screenshot: Generate modgui and pedalboard screenshots

@falkTX, I merged your fixes and and updated the images in the repo using mod-screenshot. Do changes automatically flow through to the mod sites? (Maybe there’s somewhere I can read more about it to avoid asking annoying questions…)

Thanks for moving things along, it’s encouraging.

2 Likes

no, there are still many manual steps from my side.

but the initial point is always the mod-plugin-builder, please update the commit hash of your plugin(s) in there, that notifies me that there are changes I should rebuild and push.

3 Likes