MODWatcher Upload Failed Again

I wonder if there is a way to easily compile Pure Data patches to a MOD device, maybe similarly to the MODWatcher. I’m quite familiar with Pure Data so this could be an option. The problem might be that I don’t have a Linux system on my computer other than the Organelle, only Apple. Actually I wouldn’t be surprised if it was possible to compile and upload the stuff to MOD with the Organelle but I don’t think I have the skills or knowledge for that unless it’s a super simple thing to do. I might be able to do a bit more if it is possible with an Apple machine.

1 Like

if you have an Intel Mac, you could just run a linux VM. But I’m guessing you have an M1 or you would have already thought about a VM :stuck_out_tongue:

It is easy, if you know what you’re doing :wink:
(but yes I only know how to do this from Linux as that is my OS of choice since 15 years)

There is no online service for this yet, maybe one day.
(I only work on this stuff in my private time and also have a ton of other projects and occasionally want to make music and do nothing as well :D)

1 Like

I have an older Intel Mac that I no longer use, maybe I’ll try this. The reason I haven’t thought installing a Linux system is that I don’t really know much about computers outside music and audio. Thanks for the tip!

1 Like

Would Camomile be the right thing for this? I don’t have any kind of clue about how to make this happen but it might worth trying if I can find out where and how to start. Compiling Pure Data patches for MOD would be great and I’d be interested in this even if the MODWatcher was working. I find Pure Data often more flexible compared to gen~.

1 Like

This is a separate topic for which we have a whole other subforum → Pure Data - MOD Devices Forum :slight_smile:

I do hope that MODWatcher (and at least local compilation) can work again. Perhaps some more knowledgeable people can chime in on how this should work (it’s been over 1.5 years since I tried and I never renewed my Max/MSP license).

1 Like

You’re right about this getting off topic, I’ll start a new one in the right subforum.

Also waiting for the Max and MODWatcher experts to chime in.

2 Likes

I’m in the same situation here. I see that there is something cloud-related that until the cloud is down, it will simply not let the ModWatcher work. And I also see that this will be solved at some point, I have trust in that.

However, I bought my mod only for using it with gen~. Last week I had a gig, I was about to upload my patches, and I’ve literally tried everything: downgrading Max, downgrading the package, then I’ve realized this couldn’t simply be done. Afterwards, I went to searching for manual compilation instructions, found that I could use the gen-deploy, but unfortunately now website downloads are down, and GithHub pages are broken links.

My object is useless for my needs, I had to change my gig setup.

Can anybody here share any alternative source where to download a gen-deploy? Your personal dropbox, drive, I don’t care, I desperately need it.

Thanks,

Massi

I still have a max-gen-deploy_v4.tar.gz on my computer, however the wiki says it’s on v6 now.

I see, so it’s not really useful I guess? I’ve a ModDwarf and it probably goes with the latest.