Modern Bass death metal sound

I’ve been working on crafting a modern metal bass sound specifically tailored for live performances. To achieve this, I’ve integrated a switch trigger controlled by MIDI, which allows for seamless transitions between four distinct sound profiles:

1. Normal: This is the default setting, delivering a balanced, all-purpose bass tone suitable for most parts of the performance.
  2. Solo: This setting enhances the bass’s presence and clarity, making it stand out during solo sections.
  3. Roomy: This profile adds a sense of space and ambiance to the bass sound, giving it a fuller, more expansive feel.
  4. Roomy without Drive: Similar to the “Roomy” setting but without the added drive, resulting in a cleaner, more nuanced sound.

While I’ve laid out these basic profiles, I have a sense that something might be missing or that there could be room for improvement. I would greatly appreciate any feedback or suggestions from others who have experience in sound design or live performance setups. Your insights could help refine these settings and ensure the best possible live bass experience.

Board can be viewed here: Modern Bass Metal Board - MOD Audio

2 Likes