MOD Reboot: We made it!

I can only agree with this: Crowd-funding investments are risk capital. It can go well, but the money can also be gone. That must be clear to everyone who participates. Crowd-funding does not mean buying cheap, but taking a risk and “betting” that the product will be a success. If it’s not a success in the end, the money is gone, it’s as simple as that.
At least the product was saved, which is more than can be expected.

6 Likes

I would only take issues with the “cheating wife” and “for all their sins” analogies. The shutdown slammed everyone. Some more than others, but it hit small businesses and startups really hard.

@miss_demeanor did you delete your last post?

1 Like

they did

Yeah, I did. TMI. Plus talking to walls is a waste of my time.

Hi Anyone from Mod Devices!

Is the Dwarf Opt-In still open?

I thought I had completed the opt-in form months ago, and if memory serves (it’s old, so forgive me if it isn’t 100% reliable) thought I received a confirmation. Can someone check to see if my opt in was successful, please?

Regards

John

2 Likes

i come with the same question: the voucher page says “out of stock” :frowning:
(/mod-dwarf-%20crowdfunding/)

you might be interested by the last update sent by M. Gianfranco Ceccolini:

<<
Last Founder Edition Production Batch for 2023 :

We’re planning a production batch for Founder edition units later in November. This is going to be the last batch of Founders Edition units still in 2023. If you’re interested in securing one of these units, please fill out the form provided below. We will notify when units are ready to ship so that you can proceed with the payment. If you already filled the form in the past, but for some reason did not manage to get a unit, please fill in again so that we can dimension the production.

Here is the link to the form:

unfortunately, the forum rules don’t allow me to post the links to the news or to the form :frowning:

I bumped up your privileges, so you should be able to now.

This also happened with the expression pedal for those of us who supported the initial DUO project. I also discussed it a lot with the team and will give my advice: STOP.
The people who defend the company’s conduct don’t seem to care about money, unlike us. I sold my entire analogue pedal setup at the time to be able to buy the Kit and I waited years to have the DUO, then years to have the Footswitch, then years to know that I won’t have the expression pedal or the money back (and If I want to buy it I will have to buy it again at a different price etc.)
In the end, Duo was discontinued, soon it will no longer be updated and I was unable to fully take advantage of the package I purchased. At the time Dwarf came out, my complaint was: “How can they be investing in another product if they didn’t even deliver on the initial promise?” … anyway, I see that there is a vicious cycle in the company.

I’m sorry for you… but if it’s any consolation, I also never managed to fully use my equipment, I invested time, money and now I fiddle around with MIDI pedals to try to use this… I’ll never be able to sell the DUO here in Brazil for the price which I paid at the time… So, as a friend, give up… invest in something else… don’t waste any more time.

2 Likes

One of your mistakes is thinking that crowdfunding is the same as a purchase. It is not.

3 Likes

That’s a 100% true, but maybe not a very soothing remark to someone who lost a not unsubstantial amount of money. And to be fair, there are people who actually did buy the “Expression Pedal” directly via the website, and not via crowdfunding. As one of them I made my peace with the situation and I think MOD learned from this and won’t repeat it.
I still got myself a Dwarf after the reboot and it was delivered to me without any problems.
With AIDA-X and all the other plugins it’s a very good package, and if there is a chance to get a hand on the expression pedal I would consider paying a voucher to get it.
As for future products, I think MOD has to rebuilt a lot of trust before another crowdfunding round can be successful.

3 Likes

Anyway I trusted words from the beginning. Many promises and deadlines were given. That’s about it.

1 Like

Looks like buying MDX as a retail unit was a much more satisfying experience than Kickstarter backing.
Only was depressed by insolvency story for several months, and still have much worse perspectives on getting new features compared to Dwarf users.

I can’t wait more than a week for a delivery without frustration, so I probably would be a ball of hate and fury if I had to wait literally years for something expensive without a clear timeline.
That’s why I am not backing anything on Kickstarter. That’s for a very calm people who do not mind betting and losing that money with no regrets.

so here they are, link to the update on indiegogo (you have to scroll down):

the link to the form: https://forms.gle/vGTSob8BmdujyHM67

If I understood correctly, you fill the form, then MOD later tells you when there are available units for you to order the 150.- voucher.

That is correct!

1 Like