MOD presents the AIDA-X and dives into Neural Modelling

You can simply reload the page

2 Likes

ā€¦or reload the pedalboardā€¦

Hello,

I am facing a python issue during the training at step 2.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File ā€œ/content/Automated-GuitarAmpModelling/dist_model_recnet.pyā€, line 211, in
val_output, val_loss = network.process_data(dataset.subsets[ā€˜valā€™].data[ā€˜inputā€™][0],
File ā€œ/content/Automated-GuitarAmpModelling/CoreAudioML/networks.pyā€, line 132, in process_data
output[(l + 1) * chunk:-1] = self(input_data[(l + 1) * chunk:-1])
UnboundLocalError: local variable ā€˜lā€™ referenced before assignment

What can cause this issue ?

Well, it seems it was an indentation error.
In the file CoreAudioML/networks.py, in the function process_data, there is this for loop :

for l in range(int(output.size()[0] / chunk)):
     output[l * chunk:(l + 1) * chunk] = self(input_data[l * chunk:(l + 1) * chunk])
     self.detach_hidden()
# If the data set doesn't divide evenly into the chunk length, process the remainder
if not (output.size()[0] / chunk).is_integer():
     output[(l + 1) * chunk:-1] = self(input_data[(l + 1) * chunk:-1])

the last line uses the variable l, while it is out of the scope of the for loop, so I just indented this if condition to be inside the for loop, and it seems to work for me. I was able to finish the training and upload the json file into my mod dwarf.

If you are ok with that fix, is there anywhere I can contribute ?

1 Like

that seems like it needs to go into GitHub - MaxPayne86/CoreAudioML at aidadsp_devel

Hey All - Iā€™d like to try modeling a pedal but I canā€™t seem to find the reference input.wav file anywhere in any of the threads or guides. Is the procedure to just record your own? I kind of assumed there would be a universal reference with sweeps/chirps/etc.

I had the same question recently, documentation is in progress.
The common file to use is referenced on the collab document, that being

2 Likes

Perfect! Thanks @falkTX !

OK, I know Iā€™m missing something here. I installed on both my linux box and my mac. Found it and fired it right up on linux, no problem, but I canā€™t even find the program on my mac. Iā€™ve looked in ~/Applications, /Applications, ~/bin, /usr/bin, /usr/local/binā€¦ but I canā€™t find the executable.

HELP!

TIA,

Dave P., recovering techie - trying to avoid a relapse

that probably should go in Issues Ā· AidaDSP/AIDA-X Ā· GitHub as the issue is unrelated to the MOD platform
but to quickly answer: the download as provided in Release 1.0.0 Ā· AidaDSP/AIDA-X Ā· GitHub for macOS is a dmg, the app bundle is directly on it.

you need to right-click on it twice to make it open, but then it works.

AHA! I tried that. It worked! So it can only be executed directly from the dmg?

The dmg stays mounted on my desktop and Iā€™ve always unmounted and deleted the dmg file or moved it to an external device.

Another AHA! Read the docs a little more carefully and watched the youtube videos. Now I know why it couldnā€™t find the plugins: NO DEVICES PLUGGED IN! Iā€™ll hook up my dwarf up and try it again.

A textbook example of RTFM.

2 Likes

you are supposed to drag & drop the application into your applications folder.

the audioplugins package is meant to install the plugins in the correct directories.
not everyone wants an extra application cluttering the system, so it is put separately. plus this way you can try without installing anything too

Hi,
A couple of questions:

1. Is there a way to keep the Colab Notebook from signing out?I find after some time, it signs out of my Google account and I need to start all over again.
  2. More out of curiosity, but why does the training end at percentages earlier than 100 (often between 60%-80%)

Quite interesting to listen to that file :slight_smile:

I recognised Cory Wong in there :smiley:

ProTools users are left out? I guess thereā€™s not going to be an AIDA-X aax plugin in any foreseeable future? Well, Iā€™ll play with it on my Dwarf thenā€¦

So, is a package available for download that allows for training the models at a local computer, not on the colab notebook?

Release notes mention AU support. Wouldnā€™t that work under ProTools? It also supports VST2 and VST3.

No vst or au plugins are supported in Pro Tools, at least not without some kind of a vst-to-aax ā€˜bridgeā€™, and iā€™ve seen none so far that would work smoothly.

I have some problems on Logic too (plugin is correctly validated on Logic plugin manager but I canā€™t select it), so I open an issue on github for give info to developers but just for help community: I can use my amps and fractal units for home recordings
Anyway Iā€™m so happy that AIDA-X works so well on dwarf.