MOD - IR Loader Cabsim crash

Description

IR Loader crashes when I try to switch IRs rapidly.
It happens very randomly when switching IR. I’m testing an empty pedalboard with IR Loader Cabsim only and it is not even connected to input and output. Sometimes it takes 3 attempts, sometimes it takes 50 attempts or more.
The problem is that it crashes even when switching snapshots and the IR saved on each snapshot is always the same.

Recap:

• IR Loader Cabsim alone crashes randomly when you try to change IR rapidly.

• If you have a pedalboard that contains IR Loader Cabsim and you have multiple snapshots with same IR selected, it crashes randomly even if you jump from one snapshot to another (without changing IR then). This is super annoying since in a live situation it can crash at every snapshot change!

How to reproduce

Look here

https://www.veed.io/view/932e4220-d2de-4d11-90df-acab77c461e3

Additional information

Open the controller menu (hold left knob down), navigate to Info > Versions and write down here the version.

• release: Dwarf with firmware 1.11.6.2909 and and the plugin version is 1.0-19

Also provide some information about your system if possible.

Windows 10, Firefox 103.0.1 64 bit

2 Likes

Can you define “switching IR rapidly”? Isn’t switching IRs a binary step with a finite pace (one on while the other is off switching to another on while the first is off)?

-OR-

Do you mean scrolling quickly from one IR in a list to another, that have several other IRs between them?

Asking so I can understand the issue better.

2 Likes

The second one, as you can see in the linked video.

2 Likes

I wonder if CV Parameter Modulation would allow you to create a foot-press that jumps directly to a specific IR in the list, the same way it allows you to jump to a specific volume or effect level (with some experimentation of course).

Would be useful but I don’t think it is currently possible.

@redcloud I don’t know if it happens only with me, but when I try to open the link to the video it says that it was archived. Have you managed to solve the issue?

2 Likes

Link updated: Easyupload.io - Upload files for free and transfer big files easily.

The crash happens at the end.

1 Like

Replicated again. The first time the crash happened it took a lot but then it took few clicks the following 3 attempts.

1 Like

Have you tried change the IRs following in a logical sequence instead of randomly picking each one? Do you think it’s possible to be related to a specific IR? I could not replicate here.

1 Like

Yes, I selected a subset of 10 IRs end selected 1 by 1 sequentially, up and down. When it crashed, I rebooted the Dwarf and selected another subset of 10 IRs from another “vendor”. So it seems that it’s not related to a particular IR or format (48kHz, 1024 samples for all my IRs anyway).

1 Like

It’s easier to replicate the issue with a mouse macro recorder. Anyway it happens faster with crowded pedalboards and this suggests a memory leak (even if memory occupation is low).

1 Like

Does it also turn off the Dwarf when it crashes?

1 Like

It doesn’t but audio processing terminates abruptly. I have to manually refresh the webpage or reboot the device.

1 Like

does a simple refresh of the page work? And does it reestablish the audio as well?

1 Like

Yes, I can refresh the page or click on the Reload button when disconnection happens. The device responds to both physical footswitch and knob input. It seems that the only thing that stops working is the dsp processing.

1 Like

ok. So for the audio to get back you need to reboot it, correct?
If the audio gets back with the refresh of the WebGUI I would say that the problem is quite weird.

1 Like

Audio comes back also with just a page refresh.

1 Like

oh that’s weird!

1 Like