Mod Dwarf Scam Listing

Hey everyone, just wanted to give a heads up to the community that there’s a scammer out there using Mod Dwarf as bait:

https://reverb.com/item/63106262-mod-devices-mod-dwarf-multi-effects-unit

Edit: It appears that Reverb does an automatic redirect and wont show the original listing so here’s a screenshot so you can see the pics used, etc:

When I saw this price, condition and free shipping, I couldn’t resist. It indeed seemed too good to be true but since I know Reverb has excellent buyer protection and that I’d also be paying with Paypal credit, I was willing to take the small risk and I bought it. Shortly after I did, I got a message from the seller saying “hello i want ship today but i have problem in my paypal account please contact me at Griffinpaula43@proton.me” and they’d disabled the ability for me to send them any messages directly in Reverb. At that point, I knew it was a scam and I immediately contacted Reverb support. They quickly replied by telling me they’ve suspended the seller’s account, I should start a claim with Paypal and that they would also send info to Paypal related to this transaction. I did that and got the full refund within minutes. So all it cost me was a few minutes of my time. Would have been sweet to get a backup Dwarf for under $250, but whatever!

Anyhow, it’s pretty weird that they chose the Mod Dwarf of all things to use as scam bait and just wanted to make everyone here aware!

12 Likes

I saw something comparable on ebay. It has been a DuoX for 360,- €. This has been a fake as well. I realzed that because the names have been mixed up an there has been a Russian banc account. I reported this user, whereupon ebay banned the user (which unfortunately doesn’t help much either, because two minutes later he has a new user if he wants). I think these guys now go for specific not that common devices, because they know that these devices have real fans, and real fans are somehow blind…

5 Likes

Thanks for giving the heads up to the community @bleo! It’s really kind of you.
On a funny side: Isn’t this a metric of MODs success :slight_smile:
(glad that you got your money back and that’s what makes me comfortable throwing a joke, by the way)

On this, I can share some personal experiences. I was scammed on a ticket to watch a band where a friend of mine was playing in a small bar in Berlin during COVID times (where the audiences were super restricted) and it was for 20€ or so because I bought two tickets. So I guess that with scams kind of everything is possible.

1 Like