Mod Dwarf - Navigation mode is failing

Description

Hello,

I have a Mod Dwarf “Founders Edition” ( I got it from the crowdfunding campaign and paid for the plugins’ voucher to get the unit shipped).

Navigation mode is not working for me.

I get a purple light in the middle of the device when I press the footswitch A and then I have to reboot the unit to be able to use it again.

Footswitches B and C do not work (snapshots are not cycled).

I have been using the unit always attached to the computer so I do not know if the problem always existed. I noticed the problem 2 weeks ago because I plan to use the dwarf for live use too.

I tried contacting support using the form and sending an email as stated in the “welcome to MOD forum” post, but I have not received and answer in 20 days.

How to reproduce

1. Press switches B and C to go to navigation mode
  2. Press switch A
  3. Watch a purple light above switch B

Other path:

1. Press switches B and C to go to navigation mode
  2. Press switch B or C
  3. Nothing happens

Expected/suggested solution

Additional information

• release: V1.13.4.3292
  • Operating system: Windows
  • System version: Windows 11
1 Like

This should be a bug listing the pedalboards, where some data is not as expected and causes a crash on the controller side. Then nothing else works with the knobs and screen, even if the web gui, usb connection and audio still do.

Can you do a backup of the pedalboards via the web gui advanced settings? Then send the backup file to me over a private message on the forum.
I will then try to reproduce the issue on my side.

I am almost certain the bug is related to the exact pedalboards you have on your device, that is why it happens for you and not other people.

5 Likes

Sometimes I have a similar problem. But it is quite rare and I didn’t identified any pattern that causes it. But in my case, I use a plugin that I made, so maybe it is a problem causes by my plugin, I don’t know

This has happened regularly since the beginning for me if I exit navigation mode too quickly, most often loading pedalboards, almost never when I change snapshots, the solution being to wait 3-4 seconds for the complete load before exiting navigation mode, which takes a little pressure off during live situations…

The funny thing is that I have two Dwarf units and they don’t react the same way.

The first freezes, purple light → I have to reboot the unit to be able to use it again.

The second only loads one or two pages at first, if I activate the page change too quickly, the following pages become blank and I have to reboot, sometimes the Dwarf reboots automatically.

Important point: my pedal boards are not that simple and I use a lot of Beta plugins…BUT I did a test with a bank loaded only with pedalboards without Beta and the problem remain the same.
So this seems more related to the complexity of a pedalboard (hence the loading time) than the use of Beta plugins.

1 Like