Mod Duo X USB issue

Ok so I think my unit need a refresh
Should I do a factory reset? I don’t know if it’s possible, I think it is…

@Julien, if I ever own a business, I want you to be my customer. Really. With the amount you’ve invested in Mod thingies and extras, you’d have a super spanky Helix unit by now.

:joy:
Thanks.
I’ve invested this amout in mod audio gear because I love this machine, it’s flexibility.
But I see now it is a fragile technology and too prone to computer bugs. Not reliable enough unfortunately.

Yes, I use NAM with DuoX, till now no problems. At this point NAM is my main tone generator since DUOX is capable of loaing every profile and still there is about 50% of CPU for other goodies.
I use windows 11.

Thanks @Lukasz
So it was just a coincidence that my mod duo x crashed along with installing NAM.

I do not have any issues with NAM as well, so if there is a correlation, it is not that direct.

By the way, have you tried to choose different pedalboard with hardware interface?
Maybe something gone wrong with particular pedalboard?

Helas I tried differents pedalboad even an empty one and I’ve the same server issue. I think there’s something broken in the os. I will try to downgrade the system that’s the last thing I can try before send it to RMA.

Hi @falkTX
Do you have an idea of what happen to my mod duo x?
Yesterday I made a new pedalboard from scratch. I was able to connect to the unit. I could finally test the Vibro and Tweaker Amp I bought last week.
But 20 minutes later the computer lost the connection. I was able to connect again using refresh button on the webpage. But 5 minutes later it disconnected again. Then 2 minutes later same thing. Finally I wasn’t able to connect until I restart the computer. And finally the connection was dsiconnected 10 minutes later. Strangely the mod duo x works well, no drop, no freeze…
The problem is not my computer or the usb cable. Really the mod duo x server as a issue.
So what can I do? Do a reset (I don’t know if it’s possible)
Send it for repair? Can you repair it? Last time I sent my mod duo X I waited 4 months! For nothing because nobody found the solution to use bluetooth dongle with my unit.
I would really like to not feel alone after spending about 1500€ in mod audio gear.
Thanks.

Factory reset is possible yes, using the update files in Factory Reset Images - MOD Wiki
Just make sure to backup your data first.

regaring your previous duox unit sent to repair, please just do a little bump on the email so we can resume the conversations there, maybe you didnt see my quick edit above?

we plan to send an email to all potentially active support cases, as things got quite messy and we are not 100% sure which ended up being resolved and which didnt

As soon as you have access from time to time, I would try to make a full backup including pedalboards and plugins and flash a factory reset image Factory Reset Images - MOD Wiki

At least I do not have any other ideas, but it helped me during this problem: MDX unresponsive episode

Currenty I think that having a full backup is a must, as sometimes full reset is the only way out.

2 Likes

Thanks. I’ll try that as soon as possible.

In fact if this is how we do a Factory reset I’ve did that. With the last version.
I had not backup anything and everything was here after the factory reset. I though the factory was a real factory reset and that I will lost everything.
So the Factory reset didn’t change anything.

Ok I just realise I did not do a Factory reset but just a update, because I hold the 2 while power on the unit so I think that didn’t do a factory reset bit just an update, that’s why I steel have all plugins and pedalboads.

correct. the procedure is the exact same for both, what changes is the OS image file we give to the unit.

So think I didn’t used the Factory reset image but I used the normal system image

keeping fingers crossed

2 Likes

Thanks. Me too. The mod duo x is the brain of my pedalboad.

1 Like

Hi @falkTX
So Here is the news.
I’ve done a factory reset with the last version. The process works pretty well and with the backup I could find all my pedalboards and plugin.
I was able to edit a new pedalboard from scratch with new Vibro and Tweak Aida plugin. I was happy thinking the issue was resolved. But the day after I could edit a pedalboard during 30 minutes only and then the mod duo x disconnected. I tried to refresh but I had to restart the computer.
Now the issue is the same as before exept I had a fresh install in the Mod duo X.
What can I do now? Can you repair the unit? Have you spare unit? Is it still possible to repair a Mod duo X?

1 Like

this does seem like a hardware issue indeed, my guess would be some internal component that is faulty (for example RAM) that while it looks ok at a first glance after some usage issues start to pop up.

impossible to investigate further remotely, I think for this case we do need to take your unit and see where the fault lies, then replace that part of the hardware.

please write to support@mod.audio mentioning this forum topic and your unit serial number.
then we see about return/recall of your unit.

Thanks @falkTX
I was thinking the same thing, looks like ram issue.
I suppose august is not the good month to send my unit. Is it better to send it in september?