Mod Duo X freezes when connecting usb-MIDI to Organelle (and when not connected to any device in usb-b MIDI mode)

I’m having a problem when trying to send MIDI information between Mod Duo X and Organelle. I’ve set the MDX’s usb-b mode to net & MIDI and I can send MIDI between my computer and the MDX normally. When I connect the usb cable to the Organelle my MDX freezes and requires a connection to the computer to work again. It also crashes if there is no usb cable connected when I boot in this usb-b mode. The Organelle sees my other MIDI devices as it should when they are connected but doesn’t recognize the MDX at all. I need this to work asap so I’ll buy the required MIDI-TRS cables and do this the old school way for now.

Any help? Anyone with similar problems or a working solution with a similar setup?

1 Like

Are you in the latest OS version in the MOD Duo X?
I remember something in the past that some SysEx messages from certain devices could trigger issues, I even had that in the steps while QCing the MOD Duo X, but it turned out never happening.

I also didn’t understand when exactly it crashes with the PC and not the Organelle. Can you explain this part a bit better?

1 Like

Yes, the latest OS. The Duo X crashes when usb-b setting is set to MIDI + net and the Duo X is not connected physically to a computer. I haven’t had any crashes when connected to a computer besides the Organelle.

1 Like

Maybe the Organelle sends midi feedback, did you try to disable midi out in the midi settings page?
I’ve never tried to hook mine up with the DuoX, but I’ve had crashes I think due to midi feedback loops when pluging my Tracker to the DuoX and not properly filtering the midi messages.

Did you try the C&G forum as well? Some of the linux/Pd gurus over there might be of help.

3 Likes

Thanks for the tip. I decided to just use standard midi cables between the Duo X and Organelle and got everything working nicely.

3 Likes

Yeah, don’t like USB either :wink:

1 Like

Ok, the crash with nothing connected but the MIDI + net just selected shouldn’t happen on the MOD.
Does it happen with any particular pedalboard or with all?

1 Like

It seems this freezing is happening when the Duo X is sending MIDI information (eg. clock) outside but is not connected to anything with usb-b. This has been happening with more than one pedalboard.

1 Like