MOD - Auto Input Selector / Auto Output Selector

I dont quite get this part… maybe post a screenshot of the pedalboard and the connections…?

2 Likes

@falkTX
here it’s…

No physical cable connected to the physical Input and Output, Headphone only.
If you play the Audio File there is no audio in the headphone.

If you disconnect the Vintage Cabinet (last plugin) from the Auto Output Seletor and you play the Audio File you have audio in the headphone

1 Like

Hi @Rino2 I did some investigating, and I found the source of the issue after rebuilding your pedalboard step by step.

It is the CAPS Mono Compress that you are using at the start of the chain. This is a beta plugin which is unfortunately broken and as a result blocks all sound in the chain in which it is placed (even when the plugin is bypassed). This issue is unrelated to using headphones vs main outputs or the Auto Output Selector plugin.

I recommend swapping it out for another compressor, such as the Invada Compressor or ZamAudio ZamComp, this should solve the issue.

Hope this helped :slight_smile:

5 Likes

@jesse
Thanks, it helps alot…
I want explain… This is my first pedalboard since I received my Dwarf (the end of december) and also I’m not at home for family problem. I have with me computer, Dwarf and headphone and in the spare time I’d have the idea to rebuild my real pedalboard that I use for this song (5am by David Gilmour). So I compose it without the possibility to test with a real guitar and I have also used the Audio player to play the backing track (without the original guitar). So… I really don’t know if the pedalboard works but for sure I founded the audio player not working … Thanks again…

3 Likes

Glad to be of assistance :slight_smile:

Something you can try is to load some dry guitar recordings onto your unit, and use a second audio file player as the “guitar input”. At the MOD office we do this quite regularly to run tests on plugins and pedalboards when it is not practical/possible to use a real guitar.

4 Likes

Thanks, I was thinking to this solution but I haven’t found one on line… maybe when I’ll be back home I’ll record some riff

3 Likes

A little update…
In order to have pedalboards that make use of these plugins more compatible, the plugins have been pushed to Duo and Duo X now as well. They will load but always act as if both 1 and 2 IO are connected, since we don’t have the physical detectors on non-Dwarf hardware.

That means the pedalboards we are pushing with Dwarf in mind, like those in Reverb Pedalboards - MOD Audio website, can now be loaded on Duo X units too (maybe Duo as well, depending on the CPU they consume of course)

2 Likes

Would it make sense to select which inputs/outputs are connected manually, using a button or knob, on the Duos?

that would make it a different plugin, having different parameters depending on the target system.
we do not allow such plugins, maximum allowed is having different default parameter values (so for example Duo X uses a higher-quality mode by default)

What if the parameters were:

• Auto
  • 1 and 2

Where ”Auto” does exactly what the plugin does today, which in the Duos case means ”always act as if both 1 and 2 IO are connected”.

Hi @patchbae,
Can’t you do these manual settings with the Stereo X-Fade plugin ?

It is not only a matter of function, but also :point_up_2:t4:

1 Like