MIRRORZ plays backward

MIRRORZ plays backward the last chords/ melody you just played

You can find the files here:

And a demo here:

@Mod team
let me know if it’s possible to push it to the Beta

Audio IN is permanently recorded in a 32 seconds buffer (normal speed) the TRIGGER function of MIRRORZ allows you to play backward the last chords/ melody you just played, same for the LOOP function but looped.

23 Likes

That is so cool, @zwabo !

1 Like

Sounds awesome! This is your first plugin… just wow. Thanks a lot! :+1:

2 Likes

can you share the generated cpp and h file that max gen exports?
that would allow to build it as part of some project. best would be to setup something based on GitHub - moddevices/max-gen-skeleton: Skeleton for creating Max gen~ based plugins so building would be a simple “make”.

are you able to do it, or do you need help?
perhaps this is something the community can help out with too

2 Likes

Yes for sure I certainly need help…
But first of all:
As I did changes in the -ttl file after running:
$ cd /path/to/max-gen-deploy/
$ ./mod-build.sh
and getting the tar.gz file, the cpp and h file won’t be ok, am I wrong ?

1 Like

those steps are fine to get a binary out, but not useful to make things again for other architectures or testing.
the full source is needed if you want to push this to beta.

2 Likes

OK, so here are the files:

6 Likes

Ok so I have setup a new repository on github for cases like this.
Please have a look at GitHub - moddevices/max-gen-plugins: Collection of MAX gen~ based audio plugins used in MOD Audio and let me know if it makes sense for you.

We can do this in a way so that, if you need to push an update, you fork the repository and change the files in the max-gen-plugins/plugins/zwabo-mirrorz at main · moddevices/max-gen-plugins · GitHub folder.
Github even provides ways to edit these files directly from the web browser, so it can be doable even if one does not really understand how git works. You seem to be quite okay with it, which is nice to see.

Let me know what you think!

5 Likes

Yes nice , it seems easier for me , thanks a lot for your help!

2 Likes

Sorry to bother you with this again, but do I have to do something more to ask you tu push it in the Beta store ?

Nothing more to do on your side, not much anyway.
I need to take some time to finalize the details that allow those custom properties you were using.
Will try to get it done this week.

3 Likes

Ok, thanks.

Plugin pushed to beta!

12 Likes

hey @zwabo thanks a lot for this, and for the initiative which, with @falkTX’s help, got a functional gen~ → MOD repository going!

MIRRORZ is brilliant, and is now going to see heavy use in my boards. :clap: :person_cartwheeling:

…and in the new year i hope to develop some of my own gen~ plugins.

question: have you only built this for DWARF?
later edit, answering my own question: just installed it on Duo X as well - seems to work fine! :wink:
haha… even later edit: Duo as well!

one other question: are you sure the ENV control is working properly? it seems like it does what it’s supposed to up to about 200. but if i set it higher than that, what i hear is a little interruption near the end of each loop.

Hi @plutek , thanks.
You’re right, ENV param is not totally functional as it should be, I’ll have to check this one of theses days. In fact this bug allows me to use it sometimes for short loops to make things a little bit more organic using a CV clock-> Random Generator → ENV
…and it’s fun.

2 Likes

And if you want to give a try to other plugins, here is a link:

Stutterz could be interesting for you… a double stutter with odd divisions which gives nice organic feel.

3 Likes

I absolutely love this plug-in! I’ve got two instances on my board. One in my main signal chain, and one before a fully wet Galactic reverb to create ghost noises :slight_smile:

For both of them I have a CV controlled very slow LFO set to S&H changing the octave randomly - it’s an insanely effective sound! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Glad to hear that you have as much fun as me tweaking this plugin !

2 Likes

do you have a plan to put it into MOD plugin store?

it was published some time ago

1 Like