MIDI Machine control for transport

So with the mod dwarf it is possible to set external clock sync, with works fine.
But i haven’t found any option to start/stop transport by external gear with MMC.
When i press stop/start on my main sequencer, all other devices which are configured to listen for transport messages (or even DAW on my computer) are able to reflect the play state. but i haven;t figured out how to force my dwarf to do the same. I am only able to assign MIDI CC to the start/stop buttons in web ui, but that means i have to send this midi cc as first step from the sequencer, which is not very convenient.

hmm nothing … ?

I am not really into MIDI, but it seems (according to wikipedia) that MMC are SysEx messages.

If I remember correctly SysEx messages are (currently?) ignored/dropped on the MOD devices, so there is little or no hope at all to accomplish what you are looking for without some hack (maybe an external entity sending some CC in response to the SysEx. You could arrange something like that with an arduino or with some python script on your PC…)

BUT, as I said, I am not actually a MIDI guy so I may be completely wrong

What is supported (afaik) are transport messages aka MIDI beat clockMIDI beat clock - Wikipedia

There you have clock-ticks (24 ppqn), start, continue, and stop.

1 Like